Evolutionary dynamics of the cryptocurrency market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David Garcia & Claudio Juan Tessone & Pavlin Mavrodiev & Nicolas Perony, 2014. "The digital traces of bubbles: feedback cycles between socio-economic signals in the Bitcoin economy," Papers 1408.1494, arXiv.org.
- Ladislav Kristoufek, 2015.
"What Are the Main Drivers of the Bitcoin Price? Evidence from Wavelet Coherence Analysis,"
PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 10(4), pages 1-15, April.
- Kristoufek, Ladislav, 2014. "What are the main drivers of the Bitcoin price? Evidence from wavelet coherence analysis," FinMaP-Working Papers 23, Collaborative EU Project FinMaP - Financial Distortions and Macroeconomic Performance: Expectations, Constraints and Interaction of Agents.
- Ladislav Kristoufek, 2014. "What are the main drivers of the Bitcoin price? Evidence from wavelet coherence analysis," Papers 1406.0268, arXiv.org.
- Hermann Elendner & Simon Trimborn & Bobby Ong & Teik Ming Lee, 2016. "The Cross-Section of Crypto-Currencies as Financial Assets: An Overview," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2016-038, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- repec:agr:journl:v:1(590):y:2014:i:1(590):p:103-114 is not listed on IDEAS
- D. Sornette & A. Johansen, 2001. "Significance of log-periodic precursors to financial crashes," Papers cond-mat/0106520, arXiv.org.
- Pavel Ciaian & Miroslava Rajcaniova & d’Artis Kancs, 2016.
"The economics of BitCoin price formation,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(19), pages 1799-1815, April.
- Pavel Ciaian & Miroslava Rajcaniova & d'Artis Kancs, 2014. "The Economics of BitCoin Price Formation," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 2014/08, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Pavel Ciaian & Miroslava Rajcaniova & d'Artis Kancs, 2014. "The Economics of BitCoin Price Formation," Papers 1405.4498, arXiv.org.
- Michel Rauchs & Garrick Hileman, 2017. "Global Cryptocurrency Benchmarking Study," Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance Reports, Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge, number 201704-gcbs.
- Iwamura, Mitsuru & Kitamura, Yukinobu & Matsumoto, Tsutomu, 2014. "Is Bitcoin the Only Cryptocurrency in the Town? Economics of Cryptocurrency and Friedrich A.Hayek," Discussion Paper Series 602, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Lawrence H. White, 2015. "The Market for Cryptocurrencies," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 35(2), pages 383-402, Spring/Su.
- Neil Gandal & Hanna Halaburda, 2014.
"Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market,"
14-17, NET Institute.
- Gandal, Neil & Halaburda, Hanna, 2014. "Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 10157, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Neil Gandal & Hanna Halaburda, 2014. "Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market," CESifo Working Paper Series 4980, CESifo.
- Neil Gandal & Hanna Halaburda, 2014. "Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market," Staff Working Papers 14-33, Bank of Canada.
- Ali, Robleh & Barrdear, John & Clews, Roger & Southgate, James, 2014. "The economics of digital currencies," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 54(3), pages 276-286.
- Paolo Tasca & Adam Hayes & Shaowen Liu, 2018. "The evolution of the bitcoin economy: Extracting and analyzing the network of payment relationships," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 19(2), pages 94-126, March.
- Neil Gandal & Hanna Halaburda, 2016. "Can We Predict the Winner in a Market with Network Effects? Competition in Cryptocurrency Market," Games, MDPI, vol. 7(3), pages 1-21, July.
- Sha Wang & Jean-Philippe Vergne, 2017. "Buzz Factor or Innovation Potential: What Explains Cryptocurrencies’ Returns?," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 12(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Federico Botta & Helen Susannah Moat & H Eugene Stanley & Tobias Preis, 2015. "Quantifying Stock Return Distributions in Financial Markets," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 10(9), pages 1-10, September.
- D. Sornette & A. Johansen, 2001. "Significance of log-periodic precursors to financial crashes," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(4), pages 452-471.
- D'aniel Kondor & M'arton P'osfai & Istv'an Csabai & G'abor Vattay, 2013. "Do the rich get richer? An empirical analysis of the BitCoin transaction network," Papers 1308.3892, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2014.
- Dániel Kondor & Márton Pósfai & István Csabai & Gábor Vattay, 2014. "Do the Rich Get Richer? An Empirical Analysis of the Bitcoin Transaction Network," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 9(2), pages 1-10, February.
- David Garcia & Frank Schweitzer, 2015. "Social signals and algorithmic trading of Bitcoin," Papers 1506.01513, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2015.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Laura Alessandretti & Abeer ElBahrawy & Luca Maria Aiello & Andrea Baronchelli, 2018. "Anticipating cryptocurrency prices using machine learning," Papers 1805.08550, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2018.
- Andrea Flori, 2019. "Cryptocurrencies In Finance: Review And Applications," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 22(05), pages 1-22, August.
- Abeer ElBahrawy & Laura Alessandretti & Andrea Baronchelli, 2019. "Wikipedia and Digital Currencies: Interplay Between Collective Attention and Market Performance," Papers 1902.04517, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2019.
- Laura Alessandretti & Abeer ElBahrawy & Luca Maria Aiello & Andrea Baronchelli, 2018. "Anticipating Cryptocurrency Prices Using Machine Learning," Complexity, Hindawi, vol. 2018, pages 1-16, November.
- Zura Kakushadze & Jim Kyung-Soo Liew, 2018. "CryptoRuble: From Russia with Love," Papers 1801.05760, arXiv.org.
- Fantazzini, Dean & Nigmatullin, Erik & Sukhanovskaya, Vera & Ivliev, Sergey, 2016.
"Everything you always wanted to know about bitcoin modelling but were afraid to ask. I,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 44, pages 5-24.
- Fantazzini, Dean & Nigmatullin, Erik & Sukhanovskaya, Vera & Ivliev, Sergey, 2016. "Everything you always wanted to know about bitcoin modelling but were afraid to ask," MPRA Paper 71946, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2016.
- Flori, Andrea, 2019. "News and subjective beliefs: A Bayesian approach to Bitcoin investments," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 336-356.
- Nino Antulov-Fantulin & Dijana Tolic & Matija Piskorec & Zhang Ce & Irena Vodenska, 2018. "Inferring short-term volatility indicators from Bitcoin blockchain," Papers 1809.07856, arXiv.org.
- White, Reilly & Marinakis, Yorgos & Islam, Nazrul & Walsh, Steven, 2020. "Is Bitcoin a currency, a technology-based product, or something else?," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 151(C).
- Pieters, Gina & Vivanco, Sofia, 2017.
"Financial regulations and price inconsistencies across Bitcoin markets,"
Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 1-14.
- Gina Pieters & Sofia Vivanco, 2016. "Financial regulations and price inconsistencies across bitcoin markets," Globalization Institute Working Papers 293, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Parthajit Kayal & Purnima Rohilla, 2021. "Bitcoin in the economics and finance literature: a survey," SN Business & Economics, Springer, vol. 1(7), pages 1-21, July.
- Ke Wu & Spencer Wheatley & Didier Sornette, 2018. "Classification of cryptocurrency coins and tokens by the dynamics of their market capitalisations," Papers 1803.03088, arXiv.org, revised May 2018.
- Panagiotidis, Theodore & Stengos, Thanasis & Vravosinos, Orestis, 2019.
"The effects of markets, uncertainty and search intensity on bitcoin returns,"
International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 220-242.
- Theodore Panagiotidis & Thanasis Stengos & Orestis Vravosinos, 2018. "The effects of markets, uncertainty and search intensity on bitcoin returns," Working Paper series 18-39, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Fry, John & Cheah, Eng-Tuck, 2016. "Negative bubbles and shocks in cryptocurrency markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 343-352.
- Zhou, Siwen, 2018. "Exploring the Driving Forces of the Bitcoin Exchange Rate Dynamics: An EGARCH Approach," MPRA Paper 89445, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tseng, Fang-Mei & Palma Gil, Eunice Ina N. & Lu, Louis Y.Y., 2021. "Developmental trajectories of blockchain research and its major subfields," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 66(C).
- Aniruddha Dutta & Saket Kumar & Meheli Basu, 2019. "A Gated Recurrent Unit Approach to Bitcoin Price Prediction," Papers 1912.11166, arXiv.org.
- Rehman, Mobeen Ur & Asghar, Nadia & Kang, Sang Hoon, 2020. "Do Islamic indices provide diversification to bitcoin? A time-varying copulas and value at risk application," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 61(C).
- Fantazzini, Dean & Nigmatullin, Erik & Sukhanovskaya, Vera & Ivliev, Sergey, 2017. "Everything you always wanted to know about bitcoin modelling but were afraid to ask. Part 2," Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 45, pages 5-28.
- Christie Smith & Aaron Kumar, 2018.
"Crypto‐Currencies – An Introduction To Not‐So‐Funny Moneys,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(5), pages 1531-1559, December.
- Aaron Kumar & Christie Smith, 2017. "Crypto-currencies – An introduction to not-so-funny moneys," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Analytical Notes series AN2017/07, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EVO-2018-01-29 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-HME-2018-01-29 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-PAY-2018-01-29 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
- NEP-PKE-2018-01-29 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1705.05334. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: arXiv administrators (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.