Orthogonal Machine Learning: Power and Limitations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Victor Chernozhukov & Denis Chetverikov & Mert Demirer & Esther Duflo & Christian Hansen & Whitney K. Newey, 2016. "Double machine learning for treatment and causal parameters," CeMMAP working papers CWP49/16, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dylan J. Foster & Vasilis Syrgkanis, 2019. "Orthogonal Statistical Learning," Papers 1901.09036, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2020.
- Yiyan Huang & Cheuk Hang Leung & Xing Yan & Qi Wu & Nanbo Peng & Dongdong Wang & Zhixiang Huang, 2020. "The Causal Learning of Retail Delinquency," Papers 2012.09448, arXiv.org.
- Jelena Bradic & Victor Chernozhukov & Whitney K. Newey & Yinchu Zhu, 2019. "Minimax Semiparametric Learning With Approximate Sparsity," Papers 1912.12213, arXiv.org.
- Khashayar Khosravi & Greg Lewis & Vasilis Syrgkanis, 2019. "Non-Parametric Inference Adaptive to Intrinsic Dimension," Papers 1901.03719, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2019.
- Krikamol Muandet & Wittawat Jitkrittum & Jonas Kubler, 2020. "Kernel Conditional Moment Test via Maximum Moment Restriction," Papers 2002.09225, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2020.
- Sookyo Jeong & Hongseok Namkoong, 2020. "Robust Causal Inference Under Covariate Shift via Worst-Case Subpopulation Treatment Effects," Papers 2007.02411, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2020.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Alexei Alexandrov & Russell Pittman & Olga Ukhaneva, 2018.
"Pricing of Complements in the U.S. Freight Railroads: Cournot Versus Coase,"
EAG Discussions Papers
201801, Department of Justice, Antitrust Division.
- Alexandrov, Alexei & Pittman, Russell & Ukhaneva, Olga, 2018. "Pricing of Complements in the U.S. freight railroads: Cournot versus Coase," MPRA Paper 86279, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zhou, Zhengyuan & Athey, Susan & Wager, Stefan, 2018.
"Offline Multi-Action Policy Learning: Generalization and Optimization,"
3734, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Zhengyuan Zhou & Susan Athey & Stefan Wager, 2018. "Offline Multi-Action Policy Learning: Generalization and Optimization," Papers 1810.04778, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2018.
- Victor Chernozhukov & Vira Semenova, 2018. "Simultaneous inference for Best Linear Predictor of the Conditional Average Treatment Effect and other structural functions," CeMMAP working papers CWP40/18, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Crane-Droesch, Andrew, 2017. "Semiparametric Panel Data Using Neural Networks," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258128, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- A. Belloni & V. Chernozhukov & I. Fernández‐Val & C. Hansen, 2017.
"Program Evaluation and Causal Inference With High‐Dimensional Data,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 85, pages 233-298, January.
- Alexandre Belloni & Victor Chernozhukov & Ivan Fern'andez-Val & Christian Hansen, 2013. "Program Evaluation and Causal Inference with High-Dimensional Data," Papers 1311.2645, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2018.
- Alexandre Belloni & Victor Chernozhukov & Ivan Fernandez-Val & Christian Hansen, 2016. "Program evaluation and causal inference with high-dimensional data," CeMMAP working papers CWP13/16, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Victor Chernozhukov & Wolfgang K. Hardle & Chen Huang & Weining Wang, 2018.
"LASSO-Driven Inference in Time and Space,"
1806.05081, arXiv.org, revised May 2020.
- Victor Chernozhukov & Wolfgang Härdle & Chen Huang & Weining Wang, 2019. "LASSO-Driven Inference in Time and Space," CeMMAP working papers CWP20/19, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Victor Chernozhukov & Wolfgang Härdle & Chen Huang & Weining Wang, 2018. "LASSO-driven inference in time and space," CeMMAP working papers CWP36/18, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Chernozhukov, V. & Härdle, W.K. & Huang, C. & Wang, W., 2018. "LASSO-Driven Inference in Time and Space," Working Papers 18/04, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Damian Kozbur, 2017. "Testing-Based Forward Model Selection," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 107(5), pages 266-269, May.
- Susan Athey & Guido W. Imbens, 2017.
"The State of Applied Econometrics: Causality and Policy Evaluation,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 31(2), pages 3-32, Spring.
- Susan Athey & Guido Imbens, 2016. "The State of Applied Econometrics - Causality and Policy Evaluation," Papers 1607.00699, arXiv.org.
- Christian Hansen & Damian Kozbur & Sanjog Misra, 2016. "Targeted undersmoothing," ECON - Working Papers 282, Department of Economics - University of Zurich, revised Apr 2018.
- Alexandrov, Alexei & Pittman, Russell & Ukhaneva, Olga, 2017. "Royalty stacking in the U.S. freight railroads: Cournot vs. Coase," MPRA Paper 78249, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chiou, Yan-Yu & Chen, Mei-Yuan & Chen, Jau-er, 2018. "Nonparametric regression with multiple thresholds: Estimation and inference," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 206(2), pages 472-514.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BIG-2017-12-03 (Big Data)
- NEP-CMP-2017-12-03 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ECM-2017-12-03 (Econometrics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1711.00342. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.