Asymptotic properties of maximum likelihood estimators for Heston models based on continuous time observations
We study asymptotic properties of maximum likelihood estimators for Heston models based on continuous time observations of the log-price process. We distinguish three cases: subcritical (also called ergodic), critical and supercritical. In the subcritical case, asymptotic normality is proved for all the parameters, while in the critical and supercritical cases, non-standard asymptotic behavior is described.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Overbeck, Ludger & Rydén, Tobias, 1997. "Estimation in the Cox-Ingersoll-Ross Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(03), pages 430-461, June.
- Hui Chen & Scott Joslin, 2011.
"Generalized Transform Analysis of Affine Processes and Applications in Finance,"
NBER Working Papers
16906, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hui Chen & Scott Joslin, 2012. "Generalized Transform Analysis of Affine Processes and Applications in Finance," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 25(7), pages 2225-2256.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521496032 is not listed on IDEAS
- van Zanten, Harry, 2000. "A multivariate central limit theorem for continuous local martingales," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 229-235, November.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Ai[diaeresis]t-Sahalia, Yacine & Kimmel, Robert, 2007. "Maximum likelihood estimation of stochastic volatility models," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 413-452, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1310.4783. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.