CVA and FVA to Derivatives Trades Collateralized by Cash
In this article, we combine replication pricing with expectation pricing for derivative trades that are partially collateralized by cash. The derivatives are replicated by underlying assets and cash, using repurchasing agreement (repo) and margining, which incur funding costs. We derive a partial differential equation (PDE) for the derivatives price, obtain and decompose its solution into the risk-free value of the derivative plus credit valuation adjustment (CVA) and funding valuation adjustment (FVA). For most derivatives, as we shall show, CVAs can be evaluated analytically or semi-analytically, while FVAs, as well as the derivatives values, will have to be solved recursively through numerical procedures due to their interdependence. In numerical demonstrations, continuous and discrete margin revisions are considered, respectively, for an equity call option and a vanilla interest-rate swaps.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Damiano Brigo & Kyriakos Chourdakis, 2009. "Counterparty Risk For Credit Default Swaps: Impact Of Spread Volatility And Default Correlation," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(07), pages 1007-1026.
- Damiano Brigo & Andrea Pallavicini & Vasileios Papatheodorou, 2009. "Bilateral counterparty risk valuation for interest-rate products: impact of volatilities and correlations," Papers 0911.3331, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2010.
- Fries, Christian P., 2010. "Discounting Revisited. Valuations under Funding Costs, Counterparty Risk and Collateralization," MPRA Paper 23082, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 May 2010.
- Geske, Robert, 1979. "The valuation of compound options," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 63-81, March.
- Damiano Brigo & Agostino Capponi & Andrea Pallavicini & Vasileios Papatheodorou, 2011. "Collateral Margining in Arbitrage-Free Counterparty Valuation Adjustment including Re-Hypotecation and Netting," Papers 1101.3926, arXiv.org.
- Duffie, Darrell & Huang, Ming, 1996. " Swap Rates and Credit Quality," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(3), pages 921-49, July.
- Andrea Pallavicini & Daniele Perini & Damiano Brigo, 2011. "Funding Valuation Adjustment: a consistent framework including CVA, DVA, collateral,netting rules and re-hypothecation," Papers 1112.1521, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2011.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1302.0465. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.