A Note on Discounting and Funding Value Adjustments for Derivatives
In this paper, valuation of a derivative partially collateralized in a specific foreign currency defined in its credit support annex traded between default-free counterparties is studied. Two pricing approaches -- by hedging and by expectation -- are presented to obtain the same valuation formulae. Our findings show that the current marking-to-market value of such a derivative consists of three components: the price of the perfectly collateralized derivative (a.k.a. price by collateral rate discounting), the value adjustment due to different funding spreads between the payoff currency and the collateral currency, and the value adjustment due to funding requirements of the uncollateralized exposure. These results generalize previous works on discounting for fully collateralized derivatives and on funding value adjustment for partially collateralized or uncollateralized derivatives.
|Date of creation:||18 Feb 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Masaaki Fujii & Yasufumi Shimada & Akihiko Takahashi, 2010. "Collateral Posting and Choice of Collateral Currency - Implications for Derivative Pricing and Risk Management-," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-743, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Hull, John & White, Alan, 2013. "Credit Derivatives," Handbook of the Economics of Finance, Elsevier.
- Andrea Pallavicini & Daniele Perini & Damiano Brigo, 2011. "Funding Valuation Adjustment: a consistent framework including CVA, DVA, collateral,netting rules and re-hypothecation," Papers 1112.1521, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2011.
- Masaaki Fujii & Yasufumi Shimada & Akihiko Takahashi, 2009. "A Note on Construction of Multiple Swap Curves with and without Collateral," CARF F-Series CARF-F-154, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo, revised Jan 2010.
- Michael Johannes & Suresh Sundaresan, 2007. "The Impact of Collateralization on Swap Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(1), pages 383-410, 02.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:44495. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.