A quantum mechanical model for the rate of return
In their activity, the traders approximate the rate of return by integer multiples of a minimal one. Therefore, it can be regarded as a quantized variable. On the other hand, there is the impossibility of observing the rate of return and its instantaneous forward time derivative, even if we consider it as a continuous variable. We present a quantum model for the rate of return based on the mathematical formalism used in the case of quantum systems with finite-dimensional Hilbert space. The rate of return is described by a discrete wave function and its time evolution by a Schodinger type equation.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chao Zhang & Lu Huang, 2010. "A quantum model for the stock market," Papers 1009.4843, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2010.
- Kirill Ilinski, 1997. "Physics of Finance," Papers hep-th/9710148, arXiv.org.
- Zhang, Chao & Huang, Lu, 2010. "A quantum model for the stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(24), pages 5769-5775.
- Pedram, Pouria, 2012. "The minimal length uncertainty and the quantum model for the stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(5), pages 2100-2105.
- Pouria Pedram, 2011. "The minimal length uncertainty and the quantum model for the stock market," Papers 1111.6859, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2012.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1211.1938. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.