A finite-dimensional quantum model for the stock market
We present a finite-dimensional version of the quantum model for the stock market proposed in C. Zhang and L. Huang [A quantum model for the stock market, Physica A 389 (2010) 5769]. Our approach is an attempt to make this model consistent with the discrete nature of the stock price and is based on the mathematical formalism used in the case of the quantum systems with finite-dimensional Hilbert space. The rate of return is a discrete variable corresponding to the coordinate in the case of quantum systems, and the operator of the conjugate variable describing the trend of the stock return is defined in terms of the finite Fourier transform. The stock return in equilibrium is described by a finite Gaussian function, and the time evolution of the stock price, directly related to the rate of return, is obtained by numerically solving a Schrödinger type equation.
Volume (Year): 392 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pouria Pedram, 2011. "The minimal length uncertainty and the quantum model for the stock market," Papers 1111.6859, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2012.
- Pedram, Pouria, 2012. "The minimal length uncertainty and the quantum model for the stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(5), pages 2100-2105.
- Zhang, Chao & Huang, Lu, 2010. "A quantum model for the stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(24), pages 5769-5775.
- Kirill Ilinski, 1997. "Physics of Finance," Papers hep-th/9710148, arXiv.org.
- Fabio Bagarello, 2009. "A quantum statistical approach to simplified stock markets," Papers 0907.2531, arXiv.org.
- Chao Zhang & Lu Huang, 2010. "A quantum model for the stock market," Papers 1009.4843, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2010.
- Bagarello, F., 2009. "A quantum statistical approach to simplified stock markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(20), pages 4397-4406.
- Choustova, Olga Al., 2007. "Quantum Bohmian model for financial market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 374(1), pages 304-314.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:392:y:2013:i:2:p:371-380. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.