A finite-dimensional quantum model for the stock market
We present a finite-dimensional version of the quantum model for the stock market proposed in [C. Zhang and L. Huang, A quantum model for the stock market, Physica A 389(2010) 5769]. Our approach is an attempt to make this model consistent with the discrete nature of the stock price and is based on the mathematical formalism used in the case of the quantum systems with finite-dimensional Hilbert space. The rate of return is a discrete variable corresponding to the coordinate in the case of quantum systems, and the operator of the conjugate variable describing the trend of the stock return is defined in terms of the finite Fourier transform. The stock return in equilibrium is described by a finite Gaussian function, and the time evolution of the stock price, directly related to the rate of return, is obtained by numerically solving a Schrodinger type equation.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2012|
|Date of revision:||Sep 2012|
|Publication status:||Published in Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications 392 (2013) 371-380|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://arxiv.org/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pouria Pedram, 2011. "The minimal length uncertainty and the quantum model for the stock market," Papers 1111.6859, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2012.
- Pedram, Pouria, 2012. "The minimal length uncertainty and the quantum model for the stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(5), pages 2100-2105.
- Chao Zhang & Lu Huang, 2010. "A quantum model for the stock market," Papers 1009.4843, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2010.
- Zhang, Chao & Huang, Lu, 2010. "A quantum model for the stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(24), pages 5769-5775.
- Kirill Ilinski, 1997. "Physics of Finance," Papers hep-th/9710148, arXiv.org.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1204.4614. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.