On the non-stationarity of financial time series: impact on optimal portfolio selection
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Pafka, Szilárd & Kondor, Imre, 2003.
"Noisy covariance matrices and portfolio optimization II,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 319(C), pages 487-494.
- Szilard Pafka & Imre Kondor, 2002. "Noisy Covariance Matrices and Portfolio Optimization II," Papers cond-mat/0205119, arXiv.org, revised May 2002.
- G. Livan & S. Alfarano & E. Scalas, 2011.
"The fine structure of spectral properties for random correlation matrices: an application to financial markets,"
- Livan, Giacomo & Alfarano, Simone & Scalas, Enrico, 2011. "The fine structure of spectral properties for random correlation matrices: an application to financial markets," MPRA Paper 28964, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Burda, Z. & Görlich, A. & Jarosz, A. & Jurkiewicz, J., 2004. "Signal and noise in correlation matrix," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 343(C), pages 295-310.
- Acerbi, Carlo & Tasche, Dirk, 2002. "On the coherence of expected shortfall," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1487-1503, July.
- Galluccio, Stefano & Bouchaud, Jean-Philippe & Potters, Marc, 1998.
"Rational decisions, random matrices and spin glasses,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 259(3), pages 449-456.
- Stefano Galluccio & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud & Marc Potters, 1998. "Rational decisions, random matrices and spin glasses," Science & Finance (CFM) working paper archive 500054, Science & Finance, Capital Fund Management.
- Stefano Galluccio & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud & Marc Potters, 1998. "Rational Decisions, Random Matrices and Spin Glasses," Papers cond-mat/9801209, arXiv.org.
- Gabor Papp & Szilard Pafka & Maciej A. Nowak & Imre Kondor, 2005. "Random Matrix Filtering in Portfolio Optimization," Papers physics/0509235, arXiv.org.
- Michael C. Munnix & Takashi Shimada & Rudi Schafer & Francois Leyvraz Thomas H. Seligman & Thomas Guhr & H. E. Stanley, 2012. "Identifying States of a Financial Market," Papers 1202.1623, arXiv.org.
- Marsili, Matteo & Raffaelli, Giacomo & Ponsot, Benedicte, 2009. "Dynamic instability in generic model of multi-assets markets," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 1170-1181, May.
- Giacomo Raffaelli & Matteo Marsili, 2005. "Dynamic instability in a phenomenological model of correlated assets," Papers physics/0508159, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2006.
- Kondor, Imre & Pafka, Szilard & Nagy, Gabor, 2007.
"Noise sensitivity of portfolio selection under various risk measures,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 1545-1573, May.
- Imre Kondor & Szilard Pafka & Gabor Nagy, 2006. "Noise sensitivity of portfolio selection under various risk measures," Papers physics/0611027, arXiv.org.
- Z. Burda & A. Görlich & J. Jurkiewicz & B. Wacław, 2006. "Correlated Wishart matrices and critical horizons," The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 49(3), pages 319-323, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marian Gidea & Daniel Goldsmith & Yuri Katz & Pablo Roldan & Yonah Shmalo, 2018. "Topological recognition of critical transitions in time series of cryptocurrencies," Papers 1809.00695, arXiv.org.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:490:y:2018:i:c:p:1211-1227 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bertram During & Nicos Georgiou & Enrico Scalas, 2016. "A stylized model for wealth distribution," Papers 1609.08978, arXiv.org.
- A. E. Biondo & A. Pluchino & A. Rapisarda & D. Helbing, 2013. "Are random trading strategies more successful than technical ones?," Papers 1303.4351, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2013.
- Matthias Raddant & Friedrich Wagner, 2016. "Phase transition in the S&P stock market," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 11(2), pages 229-246, October.
- Nicol'o Musmeci & Tomaso Aste & Tiziana Di Matteo, 2016. "What does past correlation structure tell us about the future? An answer from network filtering," Papers 1605.08908, arXiv.org.
- Nicol'o Musmeci & Tomaso Aste & Tiziana Di Matteo, 2014. "Risk diversification: a study of persistence with a filtered correlation-network approach," Papers 1410.5621, arXiv.org.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-15 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1205.0877. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.