Critical Overview of Agent-Based Models for Economics
We present an overview of some representative Agent-Based Models in Economics. We discuss why and how agent-based models represent an important step in order to explain the dynamics and the statistical properties of financial markets beyond the Classical Theory of Economics. We perform a schematic analysis of several models with respect to some specific key categories such as agents' strategies, price evolution, number of agents, etc. In the conclusive part of this review we address some open questions and future perspectives and highlight the conceptual importance of some usually neglected topics, such as non-stationarity and the self-organization of financial markets.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alfarano, Simone & Lux, Thomas & Wagner, Friedrich, 2008.
"Time variation of higher moments in a financial market with heterogeneous agents: An analytical approach,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 101-136, January.
- Friedrich Wagner & Thomas Lux & Simone Alfarano, 2005. "Time-Variation of Higher Moments in a Financial Market with Heterogeneous Agents: An Analytical Approach," Working Papers wp05-02, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Alfarano, Simone & Lux, Thomas & Wagner, Friedrich, 2006. "Time-variation of higher moments in a financial market with heterogeneous agents: An analytical approach," Economics Working Papers 2006,16, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Alfarano, Simone & Lux, Thomas & Wagner, Friedrich, 2005. "Time-variation of higher moments in a financial market with heterogeneous agents: An analytical approach," Economics Working Papers 2005,14, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Simone Alfarano & Thomas Lux & Friedrich Wagner, 2006. "Time-Variation of Higher Moments in a Financial Market with Heterogeneous Agents: An Analytical Approach," Working Papers wpn06-01, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1101.1847. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.