The k-dissimilar vehicle routing problem
In this paper we defi?ne a new problem, the aim of which is to fi?nd a set of k dissimilar alternative solutions for a vehicle routing problem (VRP) on a single instance. ?This problem has several practical applications in the cash-in-transit sector and in the transportation of hazardous materials. A min-max mathematical formulation is developed that minimizes the objective function value of the worst solution. A distance measure is de?fined based on the edges shared between pairs of alternative solutions. An iterative heuristic algorithm to generate k dissimilar alternative solutions is also presented. ?The solution approach is tested using large and medium size benchmark instances for the capacitated vehicle routing problem.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://www.uantwerp.be/en/faculties/applied-economic-sciences/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Azevedo, JoseAugusto & Santos Costa, Maria Emilia O. & Silvestre Madeira, Joaquim Joao E. R. & Vieira Martins, Ernesto Q., 1993. "An algorithm for the ranking of shortest paths," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 97-106, August.
- Dell'Olmo, Paolo & Gentili, Monica & Scozzari, Andrea, 2005. "On finding dissimilar Pareto-optimal paths," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 162(1), pages 70-82, April.
- Akgun, Vedat & Erkut, Erhan & Batta, Rajan, 2000. "On finding dissimilar paths," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 232-246, March.
- van Leeuwen, P. H. & Volgenant, A., 1983. "Solving symmetric vehicle routing problems asymmetrically," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 388-393, April.
- Helsgaun, Keld, 2000. "An effective implementation of the Lin-Kernighan traveling salesman heuristic," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 126(1), pages 106-130, October.
- Jin Y. Yen, 1971. "Finding the K Shortest Loopless Paths in a Network," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(11), pages 712-716, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ant:wpaper:2013029. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joeri Nys)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.