Distribution of Agricultural NRAs across Countries and Products, 1955-84 and 1985-2007
The global database developed as an integral part of the World Bank's research project on Distortions to Agricultural Incentives, which is publicly available at www.worldbank.org/agdistortions, provides around 30,000 estimates of nominal rates of assistance to agricultural industries (NRAs) and associated consumer tax equivalents for 75 countries that together account for between 90 and 95 percent of the world’s population, farmers, agricultural output and total GDP. They also account for more than 85 percent of farm production and employment in each of Africa, Asia, Latin America and the transition economies of Europe and Central Asia as well as all OECD countries. More than 70 products are included (an average of 11 per country), which represents around 70 percent of the gross value of agricultural production in each of the focus countries, and just under two-thirds of global farm production valued at undistorted prices over the period covered. Not all countries had data for all of the entire 1955-2007 period, but the average number of years covered is 41 per country. This paper provides details of the coverage of the database. It also summarizes the distributions of the NRAs by showing two sets of Box plots for 1955-84 and 1985-2007, one set for various regions of the world, the other for all the covered products for each focus country.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kym Anderson & Will Martin, 2009.
"Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Asia,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 2611.
- Anderson, Kym & Martin, William J., 2007. "Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Asia," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper 48557, World Bank.
- Kym Anderson & Alberto Valdés, 2008. "Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Latin America," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6604.
- Anderson, Kym & Valdes, Alberto, 2007. "Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Latin America," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper 48558, World Bank.
- Kym Anderson & Johan Swinnen, 2008. "Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Europe's Transition Economies," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6502.
- Anderson, Kym & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2007. "Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Europe’s Transition Economies," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper 48556, World Bank.
- Kym Anderson & William A. Masters, 2009. "Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2607.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:wbadwp:50307. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.