The impacts of regional differences on farmland consolidation in Japan: The case of Tohoku, Hokuriku and Kinki
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arimoto, Yutaka & Nakajima, Shinsaku, 2010. "Review of Liquidization and Concentration of Farmland in Japan," Journal of Rural Economics, Agricultural Economics Society of Japan, vol. 82(1), pages 1-13, June.
- Michael J. Roberts & Nigel Key, 2008. "Agricultural Payments and Land Concentration: A Semiparametric Spatial Regression Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(3), pages 627-643.
- Shenggen Fan & Connie Chan‐Kang, 2005.
"Is small beautiful? Farm size, productivity, and poverty in Asian agriculture,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(s1), pages 135-146, January.
- Fan, Shenggen & Chan-Kang, Connie, 2003. "Is Small Beautiful? Farm Size, Productivity, and Poverty in Asian Agriculture," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa: Plenary Sessions 245929, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jia, Lili, 2012. "Land fragmentation and off-farm labor supply in China," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Transition Economies, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), volume 66, number 66.
- He, Xi, 2018. "Bigger Farms and Bigger Food Firms-The Agricultural Origin of Industrial Concentration in the Food Sector," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 274206, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Hurley, Mason, 2016. "Re-examining Changes in Farm Size Distributions Worldwide Using a Modified Generalized Method of Moments Approach," Master's Theses and Plan B Papers 249287, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Cai, Wenbiao, 2010. "Skill Investment, Farm Size Distribution and Agricultural Productivity," MPRA Paper 26439, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nusrat Abedin Jimi & Plamen V. Nikolov & Mohammad Abdul Malek & Subal Kumbhakar, 2019.
"The effects of access to credit on productivity: separating technological changes from changes in technical efficiency,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 37-55, December.
- Mohammad Abdul Malek & Nusrat Abedin Jimi & Subal Kumbhakar & Plamen Nikolov, 2019. "The Effects of Access to Credit on Productivity: Separating Technological Changes from Changes in Technical Efficiency," Natural Field Experiments 00709, The Field Experiments Website.
- Jimi, Nusrat Abedin & Nikolov, Plamen & Malek, Mohammad Abdul & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2019. "The Effects of Access to Credit on Productivity: Separating Technological Changes from Changes in Technical Efficiency," IZA Discussion Papers 12514, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Nusrat Abedin Jimi & Plamen Nikolov & Mohammad Abdul Malek & Subal Kumbhakar, 2019. "The Effects of Access to Credit on Productivity: Separating Technological Changes from Changes in Technical Efficiency," Working Papers 2019-052, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Huanxiu Guo & Sébastien Marchand, 2013.
"Is participatory social learning a performance driver for Chinese smallholder farmers?,"
- Sébastien MARCHAND & Huanxiu GUO, 2013. "Is participatory social learning a performance driver for Chinese smallholder farmers?," Working Papers 201318, CERDI.
- Thapa, Sridhar, 2007.
"The relationship between farm size and productivity: empirical evidence from the Nepalese mid-hills,"
106th Seminar, October 25-27, 2007, Montpellier, France
7940, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Thapa, Sridhar, 2007. "The relationship between farm size and productivity: empirical evidence from the Nepalese mid-hills," MPRA Paper 7638, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Apr 2007.
- Ashok K. Mishra & Anjani Kumar & Pramod K. Joshi & Alwin D'Souza, 2018. "Cooperatives, contract farming, and farm size: The case of tomato producers in Nepal," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 34(4), pages 865-886, October.
- Xiaoheng Zhang & Feng Chu & Xiaohua Yu & Yingheng Zhou & Xu Tian & Xianhui Geng & Jinyang Yang, 2017. "Changing Structure and Sustainable Development for China’s Hog Sector," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Arimoto, Yutaka & Lee, Changmin, 2014. "Did Japanese direct investment in Korea suppress indigenous industrialization in the 1930s? : evidence from country-level factory entry patterns," IDE Discussion Papers 450, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Martina Novotná & Tomáš Volek, 2016. "The Significance of Farm Size in the Evaluation of Labour Productivity in Agriculture," Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, Mendel University Press, vol. 64(1), pages 333-340.
- Xiaoheng Zhang & Xiaohua Yu & Xu Tian & Xianhui Geng & Yingheng Zhou, 2019. "Farm size, inefficiency, and rice production cost in China," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 57-68, December.
- Miyata, Sachiko & Minot, Nicholas & Hu, Dinghuan, 2009.
"Impact of Contract Farming on Income: Linking Small Farmers, Packers, and Supermarkets in China,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 1781-1790, November.
- Miyata, Sachiko & Minot, Nicholas & Hu, Dinghuan, 2007. "Impact of contract farming on income: Linking small farmers, packers, and supermarket in China," IFPRI discussion papers 742, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jian Zhang & Ashok K. Mishra & Peixin Zhu, 2021. "Land rental markets and labor productivity: Evidence from rural China," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 69(1), pages 93-115, March.
- Rada, Nicholas & Wang, Chenggang & Qin, Lijian, 2015. "Subsidy or market reform? Rethinking China’s farm consolidation strategy," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 93-103.
- Burns, Christopher B. & Prager, Daniel L., 2018. "Does Crop Insurance Influence Commercial Crop Farm Decisions to Expand? An Analysis Using Panel Data from the Census of Agriculture," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 43(1), January.
- Zier, Patrick & Petrick, Martin, 2010. "Cap Reform And The Effects Of Direct Payments On Heterogeneous Farm Structures In East Germany," 50th Annual Conference, Braunschweig, Germany, September 29-October 1, 2010 93948, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Singh, R.K.P. & Kumar, Abhay & Singh, K.M. & Kumar, Anjani, 2014.
"Agricultural Production performance on Small farm holdings: Some Empirical Evidences from Bihar, India,"
59680, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Oct 2014.
- Singh, R.K.P. & Kumar, Abhay & Singh, K.M. & Kumar, Anjani, 2014. "Agricultural Production performance on Small farm holdings: Some Empirical Evidences from Bihar, India," MPRA Paper 58912, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Sep 2014.
- Kabibu Henry Muayila & Alain Kapemba Mujinga, 2018. "Technical Efficiency of Cassava's Producers in the Hinterland of Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo," Post-Print hal-01831859, HAL.
- Larson,Donald F. & Muraoka,Rie & Otsuka,Keijiro, 2016. "On the central role of small farms in African rural development strategies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7710, The World Bank.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2018-12-03 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae18:277389. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.