Can Good Projects Succeed in Bad Villages? Project Design, Village Governance and Infrastructure Quality in Rural China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William Easterly, 2002. "The Elusive Quest for Growth: Economists' Adventures and Misadventures in the Tropics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262550423, January.
- Calabrese, Stephen & Epple, Dennis & Romer, Thomas & Sieg, Holger, 2006.
"Local public good provision: Voting, peer effects, and mobility,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(6-7), pages 959-981, August.
- Stephen Calabrese & Dennis Epple & Thomas Romer & Holger Sieg, "undated". "Local Public Good Provision: Voting, Peer Effects, and Mobility," GSIA Working Papers 2005-E54, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Stephen Calabrese & Dennis Epple & Thomas Romer & Holger Sieg, 2005. "Local Public Good Provision: Voting, Peer Effects, and Mobility," NBER Working Papers 11720, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Calabrese, Stephen & Epple, Dennis & Romer, Thomas & Sieg, Holger, 2005. "Local Public Good Provision: Voting, Peer Effects, and Mobility," Papers 10-04-2005, Princeton University, Research Program in Political Economy.
- Asim Ijaz Khwaja, 2004. "Is Increasing Community Participation Always a Good Thing?," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 2(2-3), pages 427-436, 04/05.
- Caselli, Francesco & Morelli, Massimo, 2004.
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 759-782.
- Caselli, Francesco & Morelli, Massimo, 2000. "Bad Politicians," CEPR Discussion Papers 2402, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francesco Caselli & Massimo Morelli, 2001. "Bad Politicians," NBER Working Papers 8532, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francesco Caselli & Massimo Morelli, 2000. "Bad politicians," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 134, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Benjamin A. Olken, 2007.
"Monitoring Corruption: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Indonesia,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 115, pages 200-249.
- Benjamin Olken, 2005. "Monitoring corruption: Evidence from a field experiment in indonesia," Natural Field Experiments 00317, The Field Experiments Website.
- Benjamin A. Olken, 2005. "Monitoring Corruption: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Indonesia," NBER Working Papers 11753, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Khwaja, Asim Ijaz, 2001. "Can Good Projects Succeed in Bad Communities? Collective Action in the Himalayas," Working Paper Series rwp01-043, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Pranab Bardhan, 2002. "Decentralization of Governance and Development," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(4), pages 185-205, Fall.
- World Bank, 2000. "Can Africa Claim the 21st Century?," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 22962.
- Isham, Jonathan*Narayan, Deepa*Pritchett, Lant, 1994. "Does participation improve project performance : establishing causality with subjective data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1357, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsInfrastructure Quality; Village; Rural China; Community/Rural/Urban Development; Public Economics; H41; H54; H71;
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae09:49944. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .