Growth Expectations and Decision to Renovate a Golf Course: An Application of a Censored Model with the Simultaneity Test
Golf course renovation and expected business growth were examined. Endogeneity test on the renovation decision and a censored expected growth model rejected the hypothesis of simultaneity and decisions were modeled separately. Key determinants for both decisions were golf facility features, but not respondents' characteristics.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vella, Francis, 1994. "Gender Roles and Human Capital Investment: The Relationship between Traditional Attitudes and Female Labour Market Performance," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 61(242), pages 191-211, May.
- Mata, Jose, 1996. "Markets, entrepreneurs and the size of new firms," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 89-94, July.
- Vella, F. & Verbeek, M.J.C.M., 1994. "Two-step estimation of simultaneous equation panel data models with censored endogenous variables," Discussion Paper 1994-55, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Tauchen, George, 1985. "Diagnostic testing and evaluation of maximum likelihood models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 415-443.
- Smith, Richard J & Blundell, Richard W, 1986. "An Exogeneity Test for a Simultaneous Equation Tobit Model with an Application to Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 679-85, May.
- Rivers, Douglas & Vuong, Quang H., 1988. "Limited information estimators and exogeneity tests for simultaneous probit models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 347-366, November.
- repec:dgr:kubcen:199455 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liu, Jin-Tan & Tsou, Meng-Wen & Hammitt, James K., 1999. "Do small plants grow faster? Evidence from the Taiwan electronics industry," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 121-129, October.
- Pagan, Adrian & Vella, Frank, 1989. "Diagnostic Tests for Models Based on Individual Data: A Survey," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(S), pages S29-59, Supplemen.
- Cesar L. Escalante & Wojciech J. Florkowski & Gil W. Landry & Pierre I. Boumtje, 2004. "Alternative Demand for University Outreach Services from Georgia's Golf Industry," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 26(1), pages 118-131.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea06:21446. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.