A Method For Comparison Of The Efficiency Of Countries With Distinct Technologies
We divide countries into two technology categories: developed and developing. Agricultural efficiency within each technology category was calculated. Cross-category efficiency measures were developed and combined with own-category measures to develop a technical difference index. Results indicate convergence of efficiency within both categories but divergence of efficiency between the two categories.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nahar, S. & Inder, B., 1998.
"Testing Convergence in Economic Growth for OECD Countries,"
Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers
14/98, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- S. Nahar & B. Inder, 2002. "Testing convergence in economic growth for OECD countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(16), pages 2011-2022.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Fare, Rolf & Shawna Grosskopf & Mary Norris & Zhongyang Zhang, 1994. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 66-83, March.
- Nin, Alejandro & Arndt, Channing & Preckel, Paul V., 2003. "Is agricultural productivity in developing countries really shrinking? New evidence using a modified nonparametric approach," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 395-415, August.
- Bogetoft, Peter & Hougaard, Jens Leth, 2000.
"Super Efficiency Evaluations Based on Potential Slack,"
Unit of Economics Working papers
24194, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Food and Resource Economic Institute.
- Bogetoft, Peter & Leth Hougaard, Jens, 2004. "Super efficiency evaluations based on potential slack," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 152(1), pages 14-21, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea04:20009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.