Supply Response Of Ukrainian Agriculture
This study explores the impact of technical inefficiency on agricultural supply functions in Ukraine. Two models using a system of output supply and input demand equations were evaluated in this research: one without inefficiency included in the model and another with inefficiency included. A likelihood ratio test found that the model with inefficiency included was the preferred model in this case. Incorporation of inefficiency into the model increased output supply elasticities and did not dramatically change input demand elasticities. The own-price elasticities for grains, sugar beets, sunflowers, and potatoes showed inelastic positive signs that were statistically significant. The own-price input demands were negative and also inelastic; however, only fertilizer and fuels were statistically significant.
|Date of creation:||2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jensen, Helen H. & Lakshminarayan, P. G. & Bouzaher, Aziz & Carriquiry, Alicia L. & Johnson, Stanley R. & Sabluk, Peter, 1996. "Stochastic Frontier Analysis of Technical Efficiency of Ukrainian Crop and Livestock Enterprises and Implications for Reform (A)," Staff General Research Papers 1006, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Rao, J. Mohan, 1989. "Agricultural supply response: A survey," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 3(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Shumway, C. Richard & Lim, Hongil, 1993. "Functional Form And U.S. Agricultural Production Elasticities," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(02), December.
- Rao, J. Mohan, 1989. "Agricultural Supply Response: A Survey," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 3(1), March.
- Robert G. Chambers & Rulon D. Pope, 1996. "Aggregate Productivity Measures," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1360-1365.
- Ramesh Chand & J. L. Kaul, 1986. "A Note on the Use of the Cobb-Douglas Profit Function," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 68(1), pages 162-164.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea01:20539. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.