Supply Response Of Ukrainian Agriculture
This study explores the impact of technical inefficiency on agricultural supply functions in Ukraine. Two models using a system of output supply and input demand equations were evaluated in this research: one without inefficiency included in the model and another with inefficiency included. A likelihood ratio test found that the model with inefficiency included was the preferred model in this case. Incorporation of inefficiency into the model increased output supply elasticities and did not dramatically change input demand elasticities. The own-price elasticities for grains, sugar beets, sunflowers, and potatoes showed inelastic positive signs that were statistically significant. The own-price input demands were negative and also inelastic; however, only fertilizer and fuels were statistically significant.
|Date of creation:||2001|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rao, J. Mohan, 1989. "Agricultural supply response: A survey," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 3(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Rao, J. Mohan, 1989. "Agricultural Supply Response: A Survey," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 3(1), March.
- Shumway, C. Richard & Lim, Hongil, 1993. "Functional Form And U.S. Agricultural Production Elasticities," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(02), December.
- Ramesh Chand & J. L. Kaul, 1986. "A Note on the Use of the Cobb-Douglas Profit Function," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 68(1), pages 162-164.
- Robert G. Chambers & Rulon D. Pope, 1996. "Aggregate Productivity Measures," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1360-1365.
- Jensen, Helen H. & Lakshminarayan, P. G. & Bouzaher, Aziz & Carriquiry, Alicia L. & Johnson, Stanley R. & Sabluk, Peter, 1996. "Stochastic Frontier Analysis of Technical Efficiency of Ukrainian Crop and Livestock Enterprises and Implications for Reform (A)," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1006, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea01:20539. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.