An Interpretation of the Gini Coefficient in a Stiglitz Two-Type Optimal Tax Problem
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sören Blomquist & Luca Micheletto, 2008. "Age-related Optimal Income Taxation," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 110(1), pages 45-71, March.
- Arnott, Richard J & Hosios, Arthur J & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1988.
"Implicit Contracts, Labor Mobility, and Unemployment,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1046-1066, December.
- Richard Arnott & Arthur Hosios & Joseph Stiglitz, 1983. "Implicit Contracts, Labour Mobility and Unemployment," Working Papers 543, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Richard J. Arnott & Arthur Hosios & Joseph Stiglitz, 1987. "Implicit Contracts, Labor Mobility and Unemployment," NBER Working Papers 2316, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. A. Mirrlees, 1971. "An Exploration in the Theory of Optimum Income Taxation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(2), pages 175-208.
More about this item
KeywordsOptimal taxation; income distribution; incentive constraint; Gini coefficient;
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-06-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2014-06-02 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2014-06-02 (Public Finance)
- NEP-UPT-2014-06-02 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aah:aarhec:2014-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.au.dk/afn/ .