Report NEP-HRM-2008-09-13This is the archive for NEP-HRM, a report on new working papers in the area of Human Capital & Human Resource Management. Fabio Sabatini issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Ahmed Tritah, 2008. "The Brain Drain between Knowledge Based Economies: the European Human Capital Outflows to the US," Working Papers 2008-08, CEPII research center.
- Woźny, Łukasz & Growiec, Jakub, 2008. "Intergenerational interactions in human capital accumulation," MPRA Paper 10308, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Singh, Aarti, 2008. "Human capital risk in life-cycle economies," MPRA Paper 10292, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amin, Mohammad & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2008. "Human capital and the changing structure of the Indian economy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4576, The World Bank.
- Bengtsson, Tommy & Scott, Kirk, 2008. "Workplace, Human Capital and Ethnic Determinants of Sickness Absence in Sweden, 1993–2001," IZA Discussion Papers 3672, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Docquier, Frederic & Faye, Ousmane & Pestieau, Pierre, 2008. "Is migration a good substitute for education subsidies ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4614, The World Bank.
- Docquier, Frederic & Lowell, B. Lindsay & Marfouk, Abdeslam, 2008. "A gendered assessment of the brain drain," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4613, The World Bank.
- Satish Chand & Michael A. Clemens, 2008. "Skilled emigration and skill creation: A quasi-experiment," International and Development Economics Working Papers idec08-05, International and Development Economics.
- Patrinos, Harry Anthony, 2008. "Quality of schooling, returns to schooling and the 1981 vouchers reform in Chile," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4617, The World Bank.
- Martin Gustafsson & Alejandro Morduchowicz, 2008. "What we can learn from a comparison of the schooling systems of South Africa and Argentina," Working Papers 17/2008, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Jordahl, Henrik & Poutvaara, Panu & Tuomala, Juha, 2008. "Comment on Education Returns of Wage Earners and Self-employed Workers," Working Paper Series 762, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Abhijit Banerjee & Rukmini Banerji & Esther Duflo & Rachel Glennerster & Stuti Khemani, 2008. "Pitfalls of Participatory Programs: Evidence From a Randomized Evaluation in Education in India," NBER Working Papers 14311, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V. & Banerji, Rukmini & Duflo, Esther & Glennerster, Rachel & Khemani, Stuti, 2008. "Pitfalls of participatory programs : evidence from a randomized evaluation in education in India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4584, The World Bank.
- Akresh, Richard & de Walque, Damien, 2008. "Armed conflict and schooling : evidence from the 1994 Rwandan genocide," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4606, The World Bank.
- Cory Koedel, 2008. "An Empirical Analysis of Teacher Spillover Effects in Secondary School," Working Papers 0808, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Fox, Louise & Oviedo, Ana Maria, 2008. "Are skills rewarded in Sub-Saharan Africa ? determinants of wages and productivity in the manufacturing sector," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4688, The World Bank.
- David M. Brasington & Donald R. Haurin, 2008. "Parents, peers, or school inputs: Which components of school outcomes are capitalized into house value?," University of Cincinnati, Economics Working Papers Series 2008-09, University of Cincinnati, Department of Economics.