Report NEP-EDU-2011-01-23This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Antonio Di Paolo, 2010. "School Composition Effects in Spain," Working Papers XREAP2010-13, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Dec 2010.
- Stephen Gibbons & Olmo Silva & Felix Weinhardt, 2010. "Do Neighbours Affect Teenage Outcomes? Evidence from Neighbourhood Changes in England," SERC Discussion Papers 0063, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Luciano Canova & Alessandro Vaglio, 2010. "Why do educated mothers matter? A model of parental help," Working Papers XREAP2010-17, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Dec 2010.
- Åslund, Olof & Edin, Per-Anders & Fredriksson, Peter & Grönqvist, Hans, 2010. "Peers, neighborhoods and immigrant student achievement - evidence from a placement policy," Working Paper Series 10/2010, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- Veruska Oppedisano & Gilberto Turati, 2010. "What are the causes of educational inequalities and of their evolution over time in Europe? Evidence from PISA," Working Papers XREAP2010-16, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Dec 2010.
- Kemptner, Daniel & JÃ¼rges, Hendrik & Reinhold, Steffen, 2010. "Changes in Compulsory Schooling and the Causal Effect of Education on Health: Evidence from Germany," MEA discussion paper series 10200, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Kato, Masatoshi & Odagiri, Hiroyuki, 2010. "Development of University Life-Science Programs and University-Industry Joint Research in Japan," CEI Working Paper Series 2010-7, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Hou, Feng & Picot, Garnett & Bonikowska, Aneta, 2011. "Do Highly Educated Immigrants Perform Differently in the Canadian and U.S. Labour Markets?," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2011329e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Dominik Becker, 2010. "The Impact of Teachers' Expectations on Students' Educational Opportunities in the Life Course," Cologne Graduate School Working Paper Series 01-07, Cologne Graduate School in Management, Economics and Social Sciences.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Vassilis Tselios, 2011. "Welfare regimes and the incentives to work and get educated," Working Papers 2011-01, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Okunade, Albert A. & Wunnava, Phanindra V., 2011. "Alumni Giving of Business Executives to the Alma Mater: Panel Data Evidence at a Large Metropolitan Research University," IZA Discussion Papers 5428, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cho, Hyunkuk, 2011. "Birth Order and Education: Evidence from a Korean Cohort," MPRA Paper 28028, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tahvanainen, Antti-Jussi & Nikulainen, Tuomo, 2011. "Commercialization at Finnish Universities - Researchers Perspectives on the Motives and Challenges of Turning Science into Business," Discussion Papers 1234, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Claudia PIGINI, 2011. "The Determinants of University Students Success: a Bivariate Latent Variable Model," Working Papers 354, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Sprietsma, Maresa, 2010. "Explaining the persisting mathematics test score gap between boys and girls," ZEW Discussion Papers 10-101, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Anindya Sen & Marcel-Cristian Voia & Frances R. Woolley, 2010. "Hot or Not: How Appearance Affects Earnings and Productivity in Academia," Carleton Economic Papers 10-07, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Fitzenberger, Bernd & Steffes, Susanne & Strittmatter, Anthony, 2010. "Return-to-job during and after maternity leave," ZEW Discussion Papers 10-103, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.