Report NEP-AFR-2009-02-14This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Alagidede, Paul & Panagiotidis, Theodore, 2009. "Modelling stock returns in Africa's emerging equity markets," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2009-04, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Njinkeu, Dominique & S. Wilson, John & Powo Fosso, Bruno, 2008. "Expanding Trade within Africa: The Impact of Trade Facilitation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4790, The World Bank.
- Arnaud Bourgain & Patrice Pieretti & Benteng Zou, 2008. "The shortage of medical workers in sub-Saharan Africa and substitution policy," Working Papers 407, Bielefeld University, Center for Mathematical Economics.
- Jan van Heerden, 2008. "Who would eat more with a Food Voucher Programme in South Africa?," Working Papers 200837, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Rangan Gupta & Josine Uwilingiye, 2009. "Comparing South African Inflation Volatility Across Monetary Policy Regimes: An Application Of Saphe Cracking," Working Papers 200906, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Alessandrini, Michele & Enowbi Batuo, Michael, 2008. "The Trade Specialization of SANE:Evidence from Manufacturing Industries," MPRA Paper 13216, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wolfgang Maennig & Florian Schwarthoff, 2008. "Stadium Architecture and Regional Economic Development: International Experience and the Plans of Durban," Working Papers 0816, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Ekbom, Anders & Sterner, Thomas, 2009. "Soil Properties and Soil Conservation Investments in Agricultural Production - a Case study of Kenya’s Central Highlands," Working Papers in Economics 340, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Jensen, Jesper & F. Rutherford , Thomas & G. Tarr, David, 2008. "Modeling Services Liberalization: The Case of Tanzania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4801, The World Bank.
- Beegle, Kathleen & De Weerdt, Joachim & Dercon, Stefan, 2008. "Migration and Economic Mobility in Tanzania: Evidence from a Tracking Survey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4798, The World Bank.
- Gani Aldashev & Jean-Marie Baland, 2008. "Awareness and AIDS: A Political Economy Model," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 92, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Dethier, Jean-Jacques & Hirn, Maximilian & Straub, Stephane, 2008. "Explaining Enterprise Performance in Developing Countries with Business Climate Survey Data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4792, The World Bank.
- Monica Nogara, 2009. "Role of media in curbing corruption: the case of Uganda under President Yoweri K. Museveni during the “no-party” system," Working Papers 72, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Cull, Robert & P. Spreng, Connor, 2008. "Pursuing Efficiency While Maintaining Outreach: Bank Privatization In Tanzania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4804, The World Bank.