Role of media in curbing corruption: the case of Uganda under President Yoweri K. Museveni during the “no-party” system
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Goel, Rajeev K. & Nelson, Michael A. & Naretta, Michael A., 2012. "The internet as an indicator of corruption awareness," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 64-75.
More about this item
Keywordscorruption; media; press freedom; governance; rule of law;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- K40 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - General
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2009-02-14 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2009-02-14 (Public Economics)
- NEP-POL-2009-02-14 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:une:wpaper:72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aimee Gao). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desunus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .