Report NEP-POL-2009-02-14This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Vollmer, Sebastian & Ziegler, Maria, 2009. "Political Institutions and Human Development Does Democracy Fulfill its 'Constructive' and 'Instrumental' Role?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4818, The World Bank.
- Gani Aldashev & Jean-Marie Baland, 2008. "Awareness and AIDS: A Political Economy Model," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 92, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Yoshihara, Naoki, 2008. "A Theory of Political Competition over Military Policy and Income Redistribution," Discussion Paper Series a503, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Antonio Merlo & Vincenzo Galasso & Massimiliano Landi & Andrea Mattozzi, 2008. "The Labor Market of Italian Politicians," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 89, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Alessandro Olper & Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2009. "Mass Media and Public Policy:Global Evidence from Agricultural Policies," LICOS Discussion Papers 23209, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Yoshihara, Naoki, 2008. "On the General Existence of Pure Strategy Political Competition Equilibrium in Multi-dimensional Party-Faction Models," Discussion Paper Series a511, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Raffaela Giordano & Pietro Tommasino, 2009. "What determines debt intolerance? The role of political and monetary institutions," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 700, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Georgios Efthyvoulou, 2008. "Political Cycles in a Small Open Economy and the Effect of Economic Integration: Evidence from Cyprus," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 0808, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Francis, Bill B. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Sun, Xian, 2009. "Political connections and the process of going public : evidence from China," Research Discussion Papers 7/2009, Bank of Finland.
- Monica Nogara, 2009. "Role of media in curbing corruption: the case of Uganda under President Yoweri K. Museveni during the “no-party” system," Working Papers 72, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Ban, Radu & Das Gupta, Monica & Rao, Vijayendra, 2008. "The Political Economy of Village Sanitation in South India: Capture or Poor Information?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4802, The World Bank.
- Clara Ponsatí & Daniel Cardona, 2008. "Bargaining one-dimensional policies and the efficiency of super majority rules," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 762.09, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Christopher F. Baum & Mustafa Caglayan & Oleksandr Talavera, 2009. "Parliamentary Election Cycles and the Turkish Banking Sector," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 705, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 14 May 2010.
- Duduiala-Popescu, Lorena, 2009. "Institutional aspects of economic integration – economic integration and political integration," MPRA Paper 13320, University Library of Munich, Germany.