Report NEP-AFR-2007-11-24This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Suzanne McCoskey issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Kohnert, Dirk, 1998.
"Der Euro, ein Segen für Afrika? Folgen der Anbindung der afrikanischen Franc-Zone an den Euro
[The Euro, a blessing for Africa? Consequences of the peg of the African Franc CFA to the Euro]," MPRA Paper 5777, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- Arbache, Jorge Saba & Page, John, 2007. "Patterns of long term growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4398, The World Bank.
- El Badaoui, Eliane & Strobl, Eric & Walsh, Frank, 2007. "Is There an Informal Employment Wage Penalty? Evidence from South Africa," IZA Discussion Papers 3151, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Arbache, Jorge Saba & Page, John, 2007. "More growth or fewer collapses ? a new look at long run growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4384, The World Bank.
- Benhura, Miracle, 2007. "Determinants of South African Women’s Labour Force Participation, 1995–2004," IZA Discussion Papers 3119, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Eita, Joel Hinaunye & Jordaan, Andre C., 2007. "Estimating The Tourism Potential In Namibia," MPRA Paper 5788, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gonzalez, Alvaro & Ernesto Lopez-Cordova, J. & E. Valladares, Elio, 2007. "The incidence of graft on developing-country firms," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4394, The World Bank.
- Brückner, Markus & Ciccone, Antonio, 2007. "Growth, Democracy, and Civil War," CEPR Discussion Papers 6568, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pedro M. G. Martins, 2007. "The Impact of Foreign Aid on Government Spending, Revenue and Domestic Borrowing in Ethiopia," Working Papers 41, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Guangling (Dave) Liu & Rangan Gupta & Eric Schaling, 2007. "Forecasting the South African Economy: A DSGE-VAR Approach," Working Papers 200724, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Saraly Andrade & Joaquin Morales, 2007. "The Role of the Natural Resource Curse in Preventing Development in Politically Unstable Countries: Case Studies of Angola and Bolivia," Development Research Working Paper Series 11/2007, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- El Badaoui, Eliane & Strobl, Eric & Walsh, Frank, 2007. "The Formal Sector Wage Premium and Firm Size," IZA Discussion Papers 3145, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Czubala, Witold & Shepherd, Ben & Wilson, John S., 2007. "Help or hindrance ? the impact of harmonized standards on african exports," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4400, The World Bank.
- Axel Dreher & Florian Moelders & Peter Nunnenkamp, 2007. "Are NGOs the Better Donors? A Case Study of Aid Allocation for Sweden," KOF Working papers 07-180, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Reinikka, Ritva & Svensson, Jakob, 2007. "Working for God? Evidence form a Change in Financing of not-for-profit Health Care Providers in Uganda," Seminar Papers 754, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- John Hudson & Paul Mosley, 2007. "Aid Volatility, Policy and Development," Working Papers 2007015, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2007.
- Bussolo, Maurizio & Medvedev, Denis, 2007. "Challenges to MDG achievement in low income countries : lessons from Ghana and Honduras," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4383, The World Bank.
- Claire GONDARD-DELCROIX (GREThA), 2007. "Poverty dynamics in rural Madagascar: regularities and specificities at the regional level\r\n (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2007-21, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée(GREThA).