When the Minimum Wage Really Bites: The Effect of the U.S.-Level Minimum on Puerto Rico
In: Immigration and the Workforce: Economic Consequences for the United States and Source Areas
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles Brown & Curtis Gilroy & Andrew Kohen, 1982. "The Effect of the Minimum Wage on Employment and Unemployment: A Survey," NBER Working Papers 0846, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brown, Charles & Gilroy, Curtis & Kohen, Andrew, 1982. "The Effect of the Minimum Wage on Employment and Unemployment," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 20(2), pages 487-528, June.
- Brown, Charles, 1988. "Minimum Wage Laws: Are They Overrated?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 133-145, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Neumark & William Wascher, 2006.
"Minimum Wages and Employment: A Review of Evidence from the New Minimum Wage Research,"
NBER Working Papers
12663, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Neumark & William Wascher, 2006. "Minimum Wages and Employment: A Review of Evidence from the New Minimum Wage Research," Working Papers 060708, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2007.
- Lemos, Sara, 2009. "Minimum wage effects in a developing country," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 224-237, April.
- MartÃn Rama, 2001.
"The Consequences of Doubling the Minimum Wage: The Case of Indonesia,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 54(4), pages 864-881, July.
- Rama, Martin, 1996. "The consequences of doubling the minimum wage : the case of Indonesia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1643, The World Bank.
- Corrado Giulietti, 2015. "Do minimum wages induce immigration?," IZA World of Labor, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), pages 151-151, May.
- Rebitzer, James B. & Taylor, Lowell J., 1995.
"The consequences of minimum wage laws Some new theoretical ideas,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 245-255, February.
- James B. Rebitzer & Lowell J. Taylor, 1991. "The Consequences of Minimum Wage Laws: Some New Theoretical Ideas," NBER Working Papers 3877, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:102:y:2018:i:c:p:135-157 is not listed on IDEAS
- Addison, John T. & Blackburn, McKinley L. & Cotti, Chad D., 2013.
"Minimum wage increases in a recessionary environment,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 30-39.
- John T. Addison & McKinley L. Blackburn & Chad D. Cotti, 2013. "Minimum Wage Increases in a Recessionary Environment," GEMF Working Papers 2013-08, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Richard B. Freeman, 2006. "People Flows in Globalization," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(2), pages 145-170, Spring.
- Maria Enchautegui & Richard B. Freeman, 2005. "Why Don't More Puerto Rican Men Work? The Rich Uncle (Sam) Hypothesis," NBER Working Papers 11751, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Freeman, Richard B., 2010. "Labor Regulations, Unions, and Social Protection in Developing Countries," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
- Haroon Bhorat & Tara Caetano & Benjamin Jourdan & Ravi Kanbur & Christopher Rooney & Benjamin Stanwix & Ingrid Woolard, 2016. "Investigating the Feasibility of a National Minimum Wage for South Africa," Working Papers 201601, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
- T. H. Gindling & Katherine Terrell, 2004. "Legal Minimum Wages and the Wages of Formal and Informal Sector Workers in Costa Rica," UMBC Economics Department Working Papers 04-102, UMBC Department of Economics.
- David Neumark, 2017. "The Employment Effects of Minimum Wages: Some Questions We Need to Answer," NBER Working Papers 23584, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paqueo, Vicente B. & Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C. & Lanzona, Leonardo A., 2016. "The Impact of Legal Minimum Wages on Employment, Income, and Poverty Incidence in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2016-54, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Li, Yang, 1996. "International migration under incomplete information: a re-migration analysis," ISU General Staff Papers 1996010108000012549, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:6909. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .