Zakat and the economy
In: Handbook on Islam and Economic Life
Handbook on Islam and Economic Life is a unique study, one of the first of its kind to consider Islam within a broader economic sphere. Covering a wide breadth of topics and research, it explores how Islam impinges upon and seeks to shape major aspects of economic life including economic organisation, business and management, finance and investment, charity, mutuality and self-help, and government. It concludes by analysing the link between religion and development, the present economic situation in Arab countries and the causes of underdevelopment in Muslim countries.
|This chapter was published in: ||This item is provided by Edward Elgar Publishing in its series Chapters with number
16009_23.||Handle:|| RePEc:elg:eechap:16009_23||Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.e-elgar.com|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.e-elgar.com Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Monzer Kahf, 1997. "Potential Effects Of Zakat On Government Budget," IIUM Journal of Economics and Management, IIUM Journal of Economis and Management, vol. 5(1), pages 67-85, June.
- Monzer Kahf, 1989. "Zakat: Unresolved Issues In The Contemporary Fiqh," IIUM Journal of Economics and Management, IIUM Journal of Economis and Management, vol. 2(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Zafar Iqbal & Mervyn K. Lewis, 2009. "An Islamic Perspective on Governance," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12659.
- Muhammad Anwar, 1995. "Financing Socioeconomic Dvelopemnt With Zakat Funds," IIUM Journal of Economics and Management, IIUM Journal of Economis and Management, vol. 4(2), pages 15-32, December.
- Metin M. Cosgel, 2004. "Efficiency and Continuity in Public Finance: The Ottoman System of Taxation," Working papers 2004-02, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2004.
- Islahi, Abdul Azim & Ghazanfar, Shaikh Mohammad, 1998. "Economic Thought of al-Ghazali," MPRA Paper 53465, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:elg:eechap:16009_23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Darrel McCalla)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.