Policy and people at the small-area level: using micro-simulation to create synthetic spatial data
In: Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Spatially Integrated Social Science
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kerrie Bremner, 2005. "Net tax thresholds for Australian families," Economic Roundup, The Treasury, Australian Government, issue 3, pages 39-52, September.
- Dimitris Ballas & Graham P Clarke, 2001. "Modelling the local impacts of national social policies: a spatial microsimulation approach," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 19(4), pages 587-606, August.
- Dimitris Ballas & Graham P Clarke, 2001. "Modelling the Local Impacts of National Social Policies: A Spatial Microsimulation Approach," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 19(4), pages 587-606, August.
- P Williamson & M Birkin & P H Rees, 1998. "The estimation of population microdata by using data from small area statistics and samples of anonymised records," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 30(5), pages 785-816, May.
- Ann Harding & Quoc Ngu Vu & Alicia Payne & Richard Percival, 2009. "Trends in Effective Marginal Tax Rates in Australia from 1996-97 to 2006-07," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 85(271), pages 449-461, December.
- Laurie Brown & Annie Abello & Ben Phillips & Ann Harding, 2004. "Moving towards an Improved Microsimulation Model of the Australian Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 37(1), pages 41-61, March.
- Robert Tanton & Yogi Vidyattama & Justine McNamara & Quoc Ngu Vu & Ann Harding, 2009. "Old, Single and Poor: Using Microsimulation and Microdata to Analyse Poverty and the Impact of Policy Change among Older Australians," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 28(2), pages 102-120, June.
- Mitton,Lavinia & Sutherland,Holly & Weeks,Melvyn (ed.), 2000. "Microsimulation Modelling for Policy Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521790062, October.
- Ann Harding & Quoc Ngu Vu & Robert Tanton & Yogi Vidyattama, 2009. "Improving Work Incentives and Incomes for Parents: The National and Geographic Impact of Liberalising the Family Tax Benefit Income Test," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 85(s1), pages 48-58, September.
- Peter Saunders & Bruce Bradbury, 2006. "Monitoring Trends in Poverty and Income Distribution: Data, Methodology and Measurement," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(258), pages 341-364, September.
- Sharyn Lymer & Laurie Brown & Ann Harding & Mandy Yap, 2009. "Predicting the need for aged care services at the small area level: the CAREMOD spatial microsimulation model," International Journal of Microsimulation, International Microsimulation Association, vol. 2(2), pages 27-42.
- Robert Tanton & Yogi Vidyattama & Binod Nepal & Justine McNamara, 2011. "Small area estimation using a reweighting algorithm," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 174(4), pages 931-951, October.
- Dimitris Ballas & Graham Clarke & John Dewhurst, 2006. "Modelling the Socio-economic Impacts of Major Job Loss or Gain at the Local Level: a Spatial Microsimulation Framework," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 127-146.
- P Williamson & M Birkin & P H Rees, 1998. "The Estimation of Population Microdata by Using Data from Small Area Statistics and Samples of Anonymised Records," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 30(5), pages 785-816, May.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomics and Finance; Environment; Geography; Research Methods; Urban and Regional Studies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:elg:eechap:14407_25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Darrel McCalla). General contact details of provider: http://www.e-elgar.com .