[This author has chosen not to make the email address public]|
The above email address does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Panagiotis Staikouras to update the entry or send us the correct address. Thank you.
Department of Banking and Financial Management Piraeus, Greece
University of Piraeus
RePEc:edi:dfpirgr (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Working papers Articles
- Delis, Manthos D & Staikouras, Panagiotis, 2009. "On-site audits, sanctions, and bank risk-taking: An empirical overture towards a novel regulatory and supervisory philosophy," MPRA Paper 16836, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Panagiotis Staikouras & Christos Staikouras & Maria-Eleni Agoraki, 2007. "The effect of board size and composition on European bank performance," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 1-27, February.
- Panagiotis Staikouras, 2004. "Structural Reform Policy: Privatisation and Beyond—The Case of Greece," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 373-398, May.
CitationsMany of the citations below have been collected in an experimental project, CitEc, where a more detailed citation analysis can be found. These are citations from works listed in RePEc that could be analyzed mechanically. So far, only a minority of all works could be analyzed. See under "Corrections" how you can help improve the citation analysis.
- Delis, Manthos D & Staikouras, Panagiotis, 2009.
"On-site audits, sanctions, and bank risk-taking: An empirical overture towards a novel regulatory and supervisory philosophy,"
16836, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Delis, Manthos D & Staikouras, Panagiotis & Tsoumas, Chris, 2013. "Enforcement actions and bank behavior," MPRA Paper 43557, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Delis, Manthos D & Gaganis, Chrysovalantis & Pasiouras, Fotios, 2009. "Bank liquidity and the board of directors," MPRA Paper 18872, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Panagiotis Staikouras & Christos Staikouras & Maria-Eleni Agoraki, 2007.
"The effect of board size and composition on European bank performance,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 1-27, February.
- Fumitoshi Mizutani & Eri Nakamura, 2014. "Managerial incentive, organizational slack, and performance: empirical analysis of Japanese firms’ behavior," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 18(1), pages 245-284, February.
- Jayati Sarkar & Subrata Sarkar, 2018. "Bank Ownership, Board Characteristics and Performance: Evidence from Commercial Banks in India," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(1), pages 1-30, February.
- Akbar, Saeed & Kharabsheh, Buthiena & Poletti-Hughes, Jannine & Shah, Syed Zulfiqar Ali, 2017. "Board structure and corporate risk taking in the UK financial sector," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 101-110.
- Kathrin Johansen & Saskia Laser & Doris Neuberger & Ettore Andreani, 2017. "Inside or outside control of banks? Evidence from the composition of supervisory boards," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 31-58, February.
- Khadija Mnasri, 2015. "Ownership Structure, Board Structure And Performance In The Tunisian Banking Industry," Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance (AAMJAF), Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia, vol. 11(2), pages 57-82.
- Hani El-Chaarani, 2017. "The Mutual Impacts of Corporate Governance Dimensions and Legal Protection Systems on the Performance of European Banks: A Post-Crisis Study," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(2A), pages 538-567.
- mamatzakis, em, 2014. "The effect of corporate governance on the performance of US investment banks," MPRA Paper 60198, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tientip Subhanij & Wanvimol Sawangngoenyuang, 2012. "Corporate Governance and Bank Performance in Thailand," Chapters,in: Research Handbook on International Banking and Governance, chapter 35 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Gulamhussen, Mohamed Azzim & Santa, Sílvia Fonte, 2015. "Female directors in bank boardrooms and their influence on performance and risk-taking," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 10-23.
- Kozo Harimaya & Kei Tomimura & Nobuyoshi Yamori, 2015. "Disciplinary Pressure is More Necessary for Cooperative Banks Than Stock Banks: Results from Bank Efficiencies Estimation," Discussion Paper Series DP2015-05, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, revised May 2016.
- Ruth Mateos de Cabo & Ricardo Gimeno & María Nieto, 2012. "Gender Diversity on European Banks’ Boards of Directors," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 109(2), pages 145-162, August.
- Maria-Eleni K. Agoraki & Manthos D. Delis & Panagiotis K. Staikouras, 2010.
"The effect of board size and composition on bank efficiency,"
International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(4), pages 357-386.
- Agoraki, Maria-Eleni & Delis, Manthos D & Staikouras, Panagiotis, 2009. "The effect of board size and composition on bank efficiency," MPRA Paper 18548, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anastasia Stepanova & Olga Ivantsova, 2012. "Does Corporate Governance Have an Effect on Performance in the European Banking Sector? Evidence from a Crisis Environment," HSE Working papers WP BRP 10/FE/2012, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Nurboja, Bashkim & Košak, Marko, 2017. "Banking efficiency in South East Europe: Evidence for financial crises and the gap between new EU members and candidate countries," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 122-138.
- Talavera, Oleksandr & Yin, Shuxing & Zhang, Mao, 2016. "Managing the diversity: board age diversity, directors’ personal values, and bank performance," MPRA Paper 71927, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dan Chirlesan & Bogdan Ilut, 2011. "Challenges of the Banking Integration Process in the Case of the New EU Member States," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 2(2), pages 106-118, June.
- Sailesh Tanna & Fotios Pasiouras & Matthias Nnadi, 2011. "The Effect of Board Size and Composition on the Efficiency of UK Banks," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 441-462, November.
- Hussein A. Hassan Al-Tamimi, 2012. "The effects of corporate governance on performance and financial distress: The experience of UAE national banks," Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(2), pages 169-181, May.
- Stergios Leventis & Panagiotis Dimitropoulos, 2012. "The role of corporate governance in earnings management: experience from US banks," Journal of Applied Accounting Research, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 13(2), pages 161-177, September.
- Eralp Bektas & Turhan Kaymak, 2009. "Governance Mechanisms and Ownership in an Emerging Market: The Case of Turkish Banks," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(6), pages 20-32, November.
- Panagiotis Staikouras, 2004.
"Structural Reform Policy: Privatisation and Beyond—The Case of Greece,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 373-398, May.
- Karkanias, C. & Boemi, S.N. & Papadopoulos, A.M. & Tsoutsos, T.D. & Karagiannidis, A., 2010. "Energy efficiency in the Hellenic building sector: An assessment of the restrictions and perspectives of the market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 2776-2784, June.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
NEP FieldsNEP is an announcement service for new working papers, with a weekly report in each of many fields. This author has had 1 paper announced in NEP. These are the fields, ordered by number of announcements, along with their dates. If the author is listed in the directory of specialists for this field, a link is also provided.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, Panagiotis Staikouras should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.