|Terminal Degree:||2005 Dipartimento di Statistica, Informatica, Applicazioni "G. Parenti"; Scuola di Economia e Management; Università degli Studi di Firenze (from RePEc Genealogy)|
(50%) Centre for Social and Economic Research on the Global Environment (CSERGE) Norwich, United Kingdom
University of East Anglia
RePEc:edi:csueauk (more details at EDIRC)
(50%) Dipartimento di Politica Economica, Finanza e Sviluppo (DEPFID) Siena, Italy
Facoltà di Economia "Richard M. Goodwin"
Università degli Studi di Siena
RePEc:edi:dpsieit (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Working papers Articles
- Caterina Francesca Guidi & Laia Palència & Silvia Ferrini and Davide Malmusi, 2016. "Inequalities by immigrant status in unmet needs for healthcare in Europe: the role of origin, nationality and economic resources," RSCAS Working Papers 2016/55, European University Institute.
- Massimo Di Matteo & Silvia Ferrini & Virna Talia, 2015. "An analysis of the effects of policies; the case of coal," Working papers wpaper80, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Fezzi, Carlo & Bateman, Ian J. & Ferrini, Silvia, 2013.
"Estimating the Value of Travel Time to Recreational Sites Using Revealed Preferences,"
Climate Change and Sustainable Development
156573, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Carlo Fezzi & Ian J. Bateman, 2013. "Estimating the Value of Travel Time to Recreational Sites Using Revealed Preferences," Working Papers 2013.64, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Marcello Basili & Silvia Ferrini & Emanuele Montomoli, 2012. "Swine influenza and vaccines: an alternative approach for decision making about pandemic prevention," Department of Economics University of Siena 647, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Silvia Ferrini & Marco P. Tucci, 2011. "Evaluating Research Activity:Impact Factor vs. Research Factor," Department of Economics University of Siena 614, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Elisabetta Strazzera & Elisabetta Cherchi & Silvia Ferrini, 2008.
"A Choice Modelling Approach for Assessment of Use and Quasi-Option Values in Urban Planning for Areas of Environmental Interest,"
2008.63, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Strazzera, Elisabetta & Cherchi, Elisabetta & Ferrini, Silvia, 2008. "A Choice Modelling Approach for Assessment of Use and Quasi-Option Values in Urban Planning for Areas of Environmental Interest," Sustainability Indicators and Environmental Valuation Working Papers 42903, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Marco p. Tucci & Sandra Fontani & Silvia Ferrini, 2008. "L’ “R-Factor”: un nuovo modo di valutare la ricerca scientifica," Department of Economics University of Siena 527, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Alice Baccheschi & Salvatore Bimonte & Silvia Ferrini, 2008. "Contingent behavior and odor nuisances. The case of "Le Cortine" selection and composting plant in the Province of Siena," Department of Economics University of Siena 542, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Silvia Ferrini, 2007. "L’Impact Factor: luci e ombre," Department of Economic Policy, Finance and Development (DEPFID) University of Siena 002, Department of Economic Policy, Finance and Development (DEPFID), University of Siena.
- Silvia Ferrini & Riccardo Scarpa, 2005. "Experimental Designs for Environmental Valuation with Choice-Experiments: A Monte-Carlo Investigation," Working Papers in Economics 05/08, University of Waikato.
- Tomas Badura & Silvia Ferrini & Michael Burton & Amy Binner & Ian J. Bateman, 2020. "Using Individualised Choice Maps to Capture the Spatial Dimensions of Value Within Choice Experiments," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 75(2), pages 297-322, February.
- Vallecillo, Sara & La Notte, Alessandra & Ferrini, Silvia & Maes, Joachim, 2019. "How ecosystem services are changing: an accounting application at the EU level," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 40(C).
- Balmford, Ben & Bateman, Ian J. & Bolt, Katherine & Day, Brett & Ferrini, Silvia, 2019. "The value of statistical life for adults and children: Comparisons of the contingent valuation and chained approaches," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 68-84.
- Amoah, Anthony & Ferrini, Silvia & Schaafsma, Marije, 2019. "Electricity outages in Ghana: Are contingent valuation estimates valid?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 135(C).
- Day, Brett & Bateman, Ian & Binner, Amy & Ferrini, Silvia & Fezzi, Carlo, 2019. "Structurally-consistent estimation of use and nonuse values for landscape-wide environmental change," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 98(C).
- Vallecillo, Sara & La Notte, Alessandra & Zulian, Grazia & Ferrini, Silvia & Maes, Joachim, 2019. "Ecosystem services accounts: Valuing the actual flow of nature-based recreation from ecosystems to people," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 392(C), pages 196-211.
- Paltriguera, L. & Ferrini, S. & Luisetti, T. & Turner, R.K., 2018. "An analysis and valuation of post-designation management aimed at maximising recreational benefits in coastal Marine Protected Areas," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 121-130.
- Silvia Ferrini & Kerry R. Turner, 2018. "McFadden, Daniel and Train, Kenneth: Contingent valuation of environmental goods—a comprehensive critique," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 125(2), pages 205-207, October.
- Barnaby Andrews & Silvia Ferrini & Ian Bateman, 2017. "Good parks – bad parks: the influence of perceptions of location on WTP and preference motives for urban parks," Journal of Environmental Economics and Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(2), pages 204-224, April.
- Salvatore Bimonte & Silvia Ferrini & Gaetano Grilli, 2016. "Transport infrastructures, environment impacts and tourists' welfare: a choice experiment to elicit tourist preferences in Siena--Italy," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 59(5), pages 891-910, May.
- Fezzi, Carlo & Bateman, Ian J. & Ferrini, Silvia, 2014. "Using revealed preferences to estimate the Value of Travel Time to recreation sites," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 58-70.
- Salvatore Bimonte & Silvia Ferrini & Gaetano Grilli, 2014. "Airport Infrastructures and Tourism. A Choice Experiment for a Comparative Evaluation of the Siena Airport Project," Politica economica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 107-136.
- Morse-Jones, Sian & Bateman, Ian J. & Kontoleon, Andreas & Ferrini, Silvia & Burgess, Neil D. & Turner, R. Kerry, 2012. "Stated preferences for tropical wildlife conservation amongst distant beneficiaries: Charisma, endemism, scope and substitution effects," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 9-18.
- Silvia Ferrini & Carlo Fezzi, 2012. "Generalized Additive Models for Nonmarket Valuation via Revealed or Stated Preference Methods," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 88(4), pages 782-802.
- I. Bateman & R. Brouwer & S. Ferrini & M. Schaafsma & D. Barton & A. Dubgaard & B. Hasler & S. Hime & I. Liekens & S. Navrud & L. De Nocker & R. Ščeponavičiūtė & D. Semėnienė, 2011. "Making Benefit Transfers Work: Deriving and Testing Principles for Value Transfers for Similar and Dissimilar Sites Using a Case Study of the Non-Market Benefits of Water Quality Improvements Across E," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 50(3), pages 365-387, November.
- Elisabetta Strazzera & Elisabetta Cherchi & Silvia Ferrini, 2010. "Assessment of Regeneration Projects in Urban Areas of Environmental Interest: A Stated Choice Approach to Estimate Use and Quasi-Option Values," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 42(2), pages 452-468, February.
- Alice Baccheschi & Salvatore Bimonte & Silvia Ferrini, 2009. "Contingent behaviour method in the evaluation of externalities: odour emission in a selection and composting centre," Politica economica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 381-406.
- Ferrini, Silvia & Scarpa, Riccardo, 2007. "Designs with a priori information for nonmarket valuation with choice experiments: A Monte Carlo study," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 342-363, May.
- Silvia Ferrini & Fiorenza Spalatro, 2002. "La disponibilità a pagare per la rivalorizzazione del territorio: il caso della ferrovia Colle-Poggibonsi," ECONOMIA PUBBLICA, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2002(1).
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
NEP FieldsNEP is an announcement service for new working papers, with a weekly report in each of many fields. This author has had 9 papers announced in NEP. These are the fields, ordered by number of announcements, along with their dates. If the author is listed in the directory of specialists for this field, a link is also provided.
- NEP-ENV: Environmental Economics (4) 2005-12-20 2008-09-13 2008-10-28 2015-07-18
- NEP-SOG: Sociology of Economics (3) 2008-01-05 2008-03-01 2011-08-15
- NEP-DCM: Discrete Choice Models (2) 2005-12-20 2008-09-13
- NEP-HEA: Health Economics (2) 2012-09-03 2017-01-22
- NEP-PPM: Project, Program & Portfolio Management (2) 2008-09-13 2011-08-15
- NEP-AGR: Agricultural Economics (1) 2005-12-20
- NEP-ECM: Econometrics (1) 2005-12-20
- NEP-ENE: Energy Economics (1) 2015-07-18
- NEP-EUR: Microeconomic European Issues (1) 2017-01-22
- NEP-FOR: Forecasting (1) 2012-09-03
- NEP-GEO: Economic Geography (1) 2008-09-13
- NEP-MIG: Economics of Human Migration (1) 2017-01-22
- NEP-REG: Regulation (1) 2015-07-18
- NEP-RES: Resource Economics (1) 2015-07-18
- NEP-TUR: Tourism Economics (1) 2008-09-13
- NEP-URE: Urban & Real Estate Economics (1) 2008-09-13
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, Silvia Ferrini should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.