Developing Government Bond Markets : A Handbook
This handbook is designed as a reference source for two distinct user groups involved in the development of government bonds markets: 1) senior government officials responsible for developing the government bond market; and 2) individuals responsible for guiding the market development process at the operational level, and who have a substantial need to understand the policy issues involved. The handbook is structured as follows: Chapter 1 provides an overview of certain policy considerations relevant to developing a government bond market. This overview considers key issues, but at a level of generality appropriate for senior govenrment offcials responsible for making key strategic decisions. The remaining eleven chapters present more detailed discussions of key policy issues, including substantive considerations relating to implementation. The handbook's primary emphasis, however, focuses on the policy dimension of developing medium-and long-term bond markets. It is not intended as a technical manual for use by individuals engaged in day-to-day implementation or operations. The handbook also provides bibliographic and website references for those interested in pursuing further issues covered. A comprehensive glossary of terms related to securities markets appears at the end of the handbook.
|This book is provided by The World Bank in its series World Bank Publications with number 13865 and published in 2001-07.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1818 H Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20433|
Phone: (202) 477-1234
Web page: https://openknowledge.worldbank.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aylward, A. & Glen, J., 1999. "Promary Securities Markets. Cross Country Findings," Papers 39, World Bank - International Finance Corporation.
- Hakansson, Nils H., 1999. "The Role of a Corporate Bond Market in an Economy -- and in Avoiding Crises," Research Program in Finance, Working Paper Series qt6sq4c6g0, Research Program in Finance, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Garry J. Schinasi & T. Todd Smith, 1998. "Fixed-Income Markets in the United States, Europe, and Japan-Some Lessons for Emerging Markets," IMF Working Papers 98/173, International Monetary Fund.
- Nils H. Hakansson, 1999. "The Role of a Corporate Bond Market in an Economy - and in Avoiding Crises," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-287, University of California at Berkeley.
- Neil Roger, 1999. "Recent Trends in Private Participation in Infrastructure," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11460, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:13865. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.