Global Public Goods: International Cooperation in the 21st Century
- Kaul, Inge
- Grunberg, Isabelle
- Stern, Marc(all at United Nations Development Programme)
Edited by the United Nations Development Programme, this collection of papers offers a new rationale and framework for international development cooperation. Its main argument is that in actual practice development cooperation has already moved beyond aid. In the name of aid (i.e. assistance to poor countries), we are today dealing with issues such as the ozone hole, global climate change, HIV, drug trafficking and financial volatility. All of these issues are not really poverty-related. Rather, they concern global housekeeping: ensuring an adequate provision of global public goods. Available in OSO: http://www.oxfordscholarship.com/oso/public/content/economicsfinance/0195130529/toc.html
To our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|This book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780195130522 and published in 1999.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.oup.com/|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.oup.com/|
- Tosun, Mehmet S., 2011. "Demographic Divide and Labor Migration in the Euro-Mediterranean Region," IZA Discussion Papers 6188, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dana G. Dalrymple, 2008. "International agricultural research as a global public good: concepts, the CGIAR experience and policy issues," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(3), pages 347-379.
- Philipp Poppitz, 2011. "The Collective Risk of Inequality: a Social Dilemma calling for a Solution?," Macroeconomics and Finance Series 201106, Hamburg University, Department Wirtschaft und Politik.
- Raechelle Mascarenhas & Todd Sandler, 2006. "Do donors cooperatively fund foreign aid?," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 337-357, December.
- Clifton, Judith & Díaz-Fuentes, Daniel, 2011. "From ‘Club of the Rich’ to ‘Globalisation à la carte’? Evaluating Reform at the OECD," MPRA Paper 33053, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Massimiliano Corradini & Valeria Costantini & Susanna Mancinelli & Massimiliano Mazzanti, 2011.
"Environmental and innovation performance in a dynamic impure public good framework,"
Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre'
0141, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Massimiliano Mazzanti & Valeria Costantini & Susanna Mancinelli & Massimilano Corradini, 2011. "Environmental and Innovation Performance in a Dynamic Impure Public Good Framework," Working Papers 201117, University of Ferrara, Department of Economics.
- Bernadette Biatour, 2011. "Working Paper 10-11 - Estimation of inter-industry domestic and international R&D stocks for Belgium," Working Papers 1110, Federal Planning Bureau, Belgium.
- Todd Sandler & Daniel G. Arce, 2007. "New face of development assistance: public goods and changing ethics," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 527-544.
- Fallon, Peter & Hon, Vivian & Qureshi, Zia & Ratha, Dilip, 2001. "Middle-income countries - development challenges and growing global role," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2657, The World Bank.
- Joseph Joyce & Todd Sandler, 2008. "IMF retrospective and prospective: A public goods viewpoint," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 221-238, September.
- Christopher Coyne, 2009. "The politics and economics of global interventionism," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 181-191, June.
- Frances Stewart, . "Global Economic Influences and Policies towards Violent Self-Determination Movements: An Overview," QEH Working Papers qehwps98, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Lee, Boon-Chye, 2002. "Regulation and the New Economy," Economics Working Papers wp02-18, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Sandler, Todd, 2001. "On financing global and international public goods," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2638, The World Bank.
- Todd Sandler, 2006. "Regional public goods and international organizations," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 5-25, March.
- Simonis, Udo E., 2002. "Global environmental governance: speeding up the debate on a world environment organization," Discussion Papers, Research Professorship Environmental Policy FS II 02-404, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Domenico Da Empoli, 2000. "Public-Choice Analysis of a New International Organization: The International Sea-Bed Authority," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 59-67, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxp:obooks:9780195130522. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers various economics topics
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed