Time Varying Behavior of Share Returns in Australia: 1988–2004
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Campbell, John Y. & Hentschel, Ludger, 1992.
"No news is good news *1: An asymmetric model of changing volatility in stock returns,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 281-318, June.
- John Y. Campbell & Ludger Hentschel, 1991. "No News is Good News: An Asymmetric Model of Changing Volatility in Stock Returns," NBER Working Papers 3742, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hentschel, Ludger & Campbell, John, 1992. "No News is Good News: An Asymmetric Model of Changing Volatility in Stock Returns," Scholarly Articles 3220232, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Brailsford, Timothy J., 1995. "Market closures and time-varying volatility in the Australian equity market," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 165-172, June.
- Brailsford, Timothy J. & Faff, Robert W., 1997. "Testing the conditional CAPM and the effect of intervaling: A note," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 5(5), pages 527-537, December.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Babsiri, Mohamed El & Zakoian, Jean-Michel, 2001. "Contemporaneous asymmetry in GARCH processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 257-294, April.
- Docherty, Paul & Chan, Howard & Easton, Steve, 2013. "Can we treat empirical regularities as state variables in the ICAPM? Evidence from Australia," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 107-124.
- Amado, Cristina & Teräsvirta, Timo, 2013.
"Modelling volatility by variance decomposition,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 175(2), pages 142-153.
- Cristina Amado & Timo Teräsvirta, 2011. "Modelling Volatility by Variance Decomposition," CREATES Research Papers 2011-01, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Cristina Amado & Timo Teräsvirta, 2011. "Modelling Volatility by Variance Decomposition," NIPE Working Papers 01/2011, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Cheng-Few Lee & Jung-Bin Su, 2012. "Alternative statistical distributions for estimating value-at-risk: theory and evidence," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 309-331, October.
- Tsai, Hsiu-Jung & Chen, Ming-Chi & Yang, Chih-Yuan, 2014. "A time-varying perspective on the CAPM and downside betas," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 440-454.
- Natarajana, Vinodh & Raja , Azariah & Priyac, Nagarajan, 2014. "Examining mean-volatility spillovers across national stock markets," Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Science, Universidad ESAN, vol. 19(36), pages 55-62.
- Brailsford, Timothy J. & Faff, Robert W., 1996. "An evaluation of volatility forecasting techniques," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 419-438, April.
- Fung, Alexander Kwok-Wah & Lam, Kin & Lam, Ka-Ming, 2010. "Do the prices of stock index futures in Asia overreact to U.S. market returns?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 428-440, June.
- Elyas Elyasiani & Iqbal Mansur, 2005. "The Association Between Market and Exchange Rate Risks and Accounting Variables: A GARCH Model of the Japanese Banking Institutions," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 183-206, September.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
More about this item
KeywordsAsymmetric effects; GARCH; conditional CAPM; share return;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:rpbfmp:v:19:y:2016:i:01:n:s0219091516500041. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim). General contact details of provider: http://www.worldscinet.com/rpbfmp/rpbfmp.shtml .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.