Socially responsible investing in Scandinavia - a comparative analysis
This article contributes to the literature on socially responsible investing (SRI) by discussing findings from an empirical comparative study of Scandinavian investors. The study draws attention to how contextual factors shape the principles and practices of SRI investors by using a wide range of both qualitative and quantitative secondary data. It is concluded that institutional factors are important in explaining homogeneity among Scandinavian investors' SRI, but also contribute to significant variation in SRI principles and practices between and within countries. In particular, the findings draw attention to the different opportunities available to individual investors, and the strategies they adopt in their application of SRI. Copyright © 2008 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd and ERP Environment.
Volume (Year): 16 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1099-1719|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hall, Peter A. & Soskice, David (ed.), 2001. "Varieties of Capitalism: The Institutional Foundations of Comparative Advantage," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199247752.
- Marc J. Ventresca & Dara Szyliowicz & M. Tina Dacin, 2003. "Innovations in Governance: Global Structuring and the Field of Public Exchange-Traded Markets," Chapters, in: Globalization and Institutions, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Josep Lozano & Laura Albareda & M. Balaguer, 2006. "Socially Responsible Investment in the Spanish financial market," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 69(3), pages 305-316, December.
- Eva Boxenbaum & Jean-Pascal Gond, 2006. "Micro-strategies of Contextualization Cross-national Transfer of Socially Responsible Investment," DRUID Working Papers 06-24, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Elias Bengtsson, 2008. "A History of Scandinavian Socially Responsible Investing," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 82(4), pages 969-983, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:sustdv:v:16:y:2008:i:3:p:155-168. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.