Inequality and the polarizing impact of microcredit: evidence from Zambia's copperbelt
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hirschman, Albert O., 1973. "The changing tolerance for income inequality in the course of economic development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 1(12), pages 29-36, December.
- Kevane, Michael & Wydick, Bruce, 2001. "Microenterprise Lending to Female Entrepreneurs: Sacrificing Economic Growth for Poverty Alleviation?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1225-1236, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- van Rooyen, C. & Stewart, R. & de Wet, T., 2012. "The Impact of Microfinance in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Systematic Review of the Evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(11), pages 2249-2262.
- Shirazi, Nasim Shah, 2012.
"Targeting and Socio-Economic Impact of Microfinance: A Case Study of Pakistan,"
Islamic Economic Studies,
The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 20, pages 1-28.
- Shirazi, Nasim Shah, 2015. "Targeting And Socio-Economic Impact Of Microfinance: A Case Study Of Pakistan," Working Papers 1433-2, The Islamic Research and Teaching Institute (IRTI).
- Thorp, Rosemary & Stewart, Frances & Heyer, Amrik, 2005. "When and how far is group formation a route out of chronic poverty?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 907-920, June.
- B. Mak Arvin & Byron Lew (ed.), 2015. "Handbook on the Economics of Foreign Aid," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 15762, September.
- Isabelle Agier & Ariane Szafarz, 2011. "Credit to Women Entrepreneurs: The Curse of the Trustworthier Sex," Working Papers CEB 11-005, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Chliova, Myrto & Brinckmann, Jan & Rosenbusch, Nina, 2015. "Is microcredit a blessing for the poor? A meta-analysis examining development outcomes and contextual considerations," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 467-487.
- Paul Mosley & June Rock, 2004. "Microfinance, labour markets and poverty in Africa: a study of six institutions," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., pages 467-500.
- Mukhopadhyay, Jyoti Prasad, 2014. "Does access to microfinance affect consumption inequality? :evidence from a randomized controlled trial in Andhra Pradesh, India," MPRA Paper 58674, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sefa K. Awaworyi, 2014. "The Impact of Microfinance Interventions: A Meta-analysis," Monash Economics Working Papers 03-14, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Soliman, Ibrahim & Mashhour, Ahmed, 2012. "National agro-food policies in Jordan," MPRA Paper 66782, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 May 2012.
- Asad K. Ghalib, 2011. "Estimating the depth of microfinance programme outreach: empirical findings from rural Pakistan," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 15411, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Mitlin, Diana & Hickey, Sam & Bebbington, Anthony, 2007. "Reclaiming Development? NGOs and the Challenge of Alternatives," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 1699-1720, October.
- Andrea F. Presbitero & Roberta Rabellotti, 2014.
"Geographical Distance And Moral Hazard In Microcredit: Evidence From Colombia,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(1), pages 91-108, January.
- Andrea Filippo Presbitero & Roberta Rabellotti, 2012. "Geographical Distance and Moral Hazard in Microcredit: Evidence from Colombia," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 58, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Heiko Fritz & Guenter Lang, 2012. "Microcredit, Human Capital, and Personal Income Distribution: Empirical Evidence from Greater Cairo," Working Papers 30, The German University in Cairo, Faculty of Management Technology.
- Dan Brockington & Nicola Banks, 2014. "Exploring the Success of BRAC Tanzania’s Microcredit Programme," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 20214, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jintdv:v:14:y:2002:i:6:p:743-755. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home .