Generational transfers and the generational bargain
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bernheim, B Douglas, 1991.
"How Strong Are Bequest Motives? Evidence Based on Estimates of the Demand for Life Insurance and Annuities,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(5), pages 899-927, October.
- B. Douglas Bernheim, 1989. "How Strong are Bequest Motives? Evidence Based on Estimates of the Demand for Life Insurance and Annuities," NBER Working Papers 2942, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Antonio Rangel & Richard Zeckhauser, 2001.
"Can Market and Voting Institutions Generate Optimal Intergenerational Risk Sharing?,"
NBER Chapters, in: Risk Aspects of Investment-Based Social Security Reform, pages 113-152,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Antonio Rangel & Richard Zeckhauser, 1999. "Can Market and Voting Institutions Generate Optimal Intergenerational Risk Sharing?," Working Papers 99003, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Antonio Rangel & Richard Zeckhauser, 1999. "Can Market and Voting Institutions Generate Optimal Intergenerational Risk Sharing?," NBER Working Papers 6949, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Altonji, Joseph G & Hayashi, Fumio & Kotlikoff, Laurence J, 1992.
"Is the Extended Family Altruistically Linked? Direct Tests Using Micro Data,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1177-1198, December.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Fumio Hayashi & Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 1989. "Is the Extended Family Altruistically Linked? Direct Tests Using Micro Data," NBER Working Papers 3046, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sheetal K. Chand & Albert Jaeger, 1996. "Aging Populations and Public Pension Schemes," IMF Occasional Papers 147, International Monetary Fund.
- Cox, Donald & Eser, Zekeriya & Jimenez, Emmanuel, 1998.
"Motives for private transfers over the life cycle: An analytical framework and evidence for Peru,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 57-80, February.
- Donald Cox & Emmanuel Jimenez, 1993. "Motives For Private Transfers Over The Life Cycle: Analytical Framework And Evidence For Peru," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 245, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Donald Cox & Zekeriya Eser & Emmanuel Jimenez, 1996. "Motives for Private Transfers over the Life Cycle: An Analytical Framework and Evidence for Peru," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 327., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Cigno, Alessandro & C. Giannelli, Gianna & Rosati, Furio C., 1998. "Voluntary transfers among Italian households: altruistic and non-altruistic explanations," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 435-451, December.
- Alfredo Cuevas & George A Mackenzie & Philip R. Gerson, 1997. "Pension Regimes and Saving," IMF Occasional Papers 153, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wood, Geof & Gough, Ian, 2006. "A Comparative Welfare Regime Approach to Global Social Policy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1696-1712, October.
- Lorraine van Blerk & Nicola Ansell, 2007. "Alternative care giving in the context of Aids in southern Africa: complex strategies for care," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(7), pages 865-884.
- Levison Stanley Chiwaula & Ben M. Kaluwa, 2008. "Household consumption of infant foods in two low-income districts in Malawi," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(5), pages 686-697.
- Owasim Akram & Mathilde Maitrot & Thomas Denk, 2020. "Generational Bargain, Transfer of Disadvantages and Extreme Poverty: A Qualitative Enquiry from Bangladesh," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 32(4), pages 1173-1194, September.
- Anil Markandya & Pamela Mason, 2000. "Why should developing countries worry about 2050 and beyond?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(4), pages 601-612.
- Philip Kreager & Elisabeth Schröder-Butterfill, 2008. "Indonesia against the trend? Ageing and inter-generational wealth flows in two Indonesian communities," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 19(52), pages 1781-1810.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Marta Melguizo Garde, 2007. "La motivación de las transmisiones lucrativas entre generaciones de una familia: modelos teóricos y evidencia empírica," Hacienda Pública Española / Review of Public Economics, IEF, vol. 181(2), pages 81-118, June.
- Wolff, Francois-Charles & Laferrere, Anne, 2006. "Microeconomic models of family transfers," Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, in: S. Kolm & Jean Mercier Ythier (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Giving, Altruism and Reciprocity, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 13, pages 889-969, Elsevier.
- Gugushvili, Alexi, 2007. "Giving the ageing of the population how can countries afford pay-as-you-go social insurance pensions?," MPRA Paper 2869, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alessandro Balestrino & Lisa Grazzini & Annalisa Luporini, 2017.
"A normative justification of compulsory education,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 30(2), pages 537-567, April.
- Alessandro Balestrino & Lisa Grazzini & Annalisa Luporini, 2013. "A Normative Justification of Compulsory Education," Working Papers - Economics wp2013_18.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Alessandro Balestrino & Lisa Grazzini & Annalisa Luporini, 2017. "A normative justification of compulsory education," CHILD Working Papers Series 48 JEL Classification: H4, Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic Economics (CHILD) - CCA.
- Alessandro Balestrino & Lisa Grazzini & Annalisa Luporini, 2015. "A Normative Justification of Compulsory Education," CESifo Working Paper Series 5255, CESifo.
- Aldieri, Luigi & Fiorillo, Damiano, 2015.
"Private monetary transfers and altruism: An empirical investigation on Italian families,"
Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 1-15.
- Luigi Aldieri & Damiano Fiorillo, 2012. "Private monetary transfers and altruism: An empirical investigation on Italian families," Discussion Papers 12_2012, CRISEI, University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Aldieri, Luigi & Fiorillo, Damiano, 2012. "Private monetary transfers and altruism: an empirical investigation on Italian families," MPRA Paper 36423, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ana Fernandes, 2011. "Altruism, labor supply and redistributive neutrality," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 24(4), pages 1443-1469, October.
- Catia Batista & Janis Umblijs, 2016.
"Do migrants send remittances as a way of self-insurance?,"
Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 68(1), pages 108-130.
- Catia Batista & Janis Umblijs, 2014. "Do migrants send remittances as a way of self-insurance?," NOVAFRICA Working Paper Series wp1402, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia, NOVAFRICA.
- Molina Millán, Teresa, 2015. "Regional Migration, Insurance and Economic Shocks: Evidence from Nicaragua," IZA Discussion Papers 9494, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Pecchenino, R.A. & Pollard, P.S., 1999.
"Government Mandated Private Pensions: A Dependable Foundation for Retirement Security?,"
9902, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Rowena A. Pecchenino & Patricia S. Pollard, 2001. "Government mandated private pensions: a dependable foundation for retirement security?," Working Papers 1999-012, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Richard P.C. Brown & Eliana V. Jimenez, 2008. "Remittances and Subjective Welfare in a Mixed-Motives Model: Evidence from Fiji," Discussion Papers Series 370, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Richard P.C. Brown & Eliana V. Jimenez, 2008. "A Mixed-Motives Model of Private Transfers with Subjectively-Assessed Recipient Need: Evidence from a Poor, Transfer-Dependent Economy," Discussion Papers Series 365, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Robin Boadway & David Wildasin, 1994. "Taxation and savings: a survey," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 15(3), pages 19-63, August.
- Heathcote, Jonathan & Storesletten, Kjetil & Violante, Giovanni L., 2008.
"Insurance and opportunities: A welfare analysis of labor market risk,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 501-525, April.
- Jonathan Heathcote & Kjetil Storesletten & Giovanni L. Violante, 2007. "Insurance and Opportunities: A Welfare Analysis of Labor Market Risk," NBER Working Papers 13673, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michel Strawczynski, 1996. "Precautionary Savings And The Demand For Annuities," Bank of Israel Working Papers 1996.05, Bank of Israel.
- Xu, Zeyu, 2007. "A survey on intra-household models and evidence," MPRA Paper 3763, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shinichi Nishiyama & Kent Smetters, 2002. "Ricardian Equivalence with Incomplete Household Risk Sharing: Technical Paper 2002-4," Working Papers 14222, Congressional Budget Office.
- Catalan, Mario & Impavido, Gregorio & Musalem, Alberto R., 2000. "Contractual savings or stock market development - Which leads?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2421, The World Bank.
- Alan J. Auerbach & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & David N. Weil, 1992.
"The Increasing Annuitization of the Elderly- Estimates and Implications for Intergenerational Tranfers, Inequality, and National Saving,"
NBER Working Papers
4182, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Auerbach, A.J. & Kotlikoff, L.J. & Weil, D.N., 1992. "The Increasing Annuitization of the Elderly - Estimates and Implications for Intergenerational Transfers, Inequality and National Saving," Papers 6, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Dean Yang, 2005. "Coping With Disaster: The Impact of Hurricanes on International Financial Flows, 1970-2001," Working Papers 534, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Grech, Aaron George, 1999. "Funded pension schemes: Economic effects and policy implications," MPRA Paper 33615, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jintdv:v:12:y:2000:i:4:p:453-462. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.