A value analysis model for farm equipment manufacturers
We develop and empirically validate a procedure specifically designed to allow farm equipment manufacturers to assess their customer value relative to the competition. Using a combination of psychometric procedures for evaluating farmer judgments (confirmatory factor analysis and conjoint analysis), we develop a comprehensive value analysis model which incorporates many features unique to the farm equipment market. Our approach allows for individual differences in farmer perceptions and preferences of equipment brands and can be implemented in markets where only a few competitors exist. Good empirical results were obtained in a study of the combine harvester market. © 1997 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 13 (1997)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Allan D. Shocker & V. Srinivasan, 1974. "A Consumer-Based Methodology for the Identification of New Product Ideas," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(6), pages 921-937, February.
- Carl Zulauf & Gary D. Schnitkey, 1989. "Selected US farm machinery market characteristics and their implications for the future," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(5), pages 437-447.
- L. Wade, 1988. "Review," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 58(1), pages 99-100, July.
- S. Chan Choi & Wayne S. Desarbo & Patrick T. Harker, 1990. "Product Positioning Under Price Competition," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(2), pages 175-199, February.
- Vandenbosch, Mark B. & Weinberg, Charles B., 1994. "Setting the strategic direction in a product-service firm," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 31(2-3), pages 117-132.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:13:y:1997:i:4:p:409-421. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.