Realising the Potential of Islamic Finance
Islamic finance has expanded rapidly over the past three decades, and has continued to perform well through the years since the onset of the global financial crisis in 2008. This class of assets emphasizes risk sharing and has performed well compared to conventional counterparts. The outlook for further growth is bright, but several key regulatory and governance issues will need to be addressed if Islamic finance is to achieve its full potential. Together with other multilateral development institutions, the World Bank has a long-standing engagement supporting the development of the industry, which is helping to meet the preferences of significant numbers of people, enhancing financial inclusion and intermediation, and contributing more broadly to financial stability and development.
Volume (Year): 13 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- El-Gamal,Mahmoud A., 2009.
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521741262, December.
- El-Gamal,Mahmoud A., 2006. "Islamic Finance," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521864145, December.
- Mohieldin , Mahmoud & Rostom , Ahmed & Fu, Xiaochen & Iqbal, Zamir, 2012. "The Role of Islamic Finance in Enhancing Financial Inclusion in Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Countries," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 20, pages 55-120.
- Mohieldin, Mahmoud & Iqbal, Zamir & Rostom, Ahmed & Fu, Xiaochen, 2011. "The role of Islamic finance in enhancing financial inclusion in organization of Islamic cooperation (OIC) countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5920, The World Bank.
- Tripp,Charles, 2006. "Islam and the Moral Economy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521682442, December.
- Tripp,Charles, 2006. "Islam and the Moral Economy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521863773, December.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2013. "Islamic vs. conventional banking: Business model, efficiency and stability," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 433-447.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2010. "Islamic vs. conventional banking : business model, efficiency and stability," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5446, The World Bank.