Pollution Trading in Water Quality Limited Areas: Use of Benefits Assessment and Cost-Effective Trading Ratios
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fernando Rodríguez, 2000. "On the Use of Exchange Rates as Trading Rules in a Bilateral System of Transferable Discharge Permits," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 15(4), pages 379-395, April.
- Arun S. Malik & David Letson & Stephen R. Crutchfield, 1993. "Point/Nonpoint Source Trading of Pollution Abatement: Choosing the Right Trading Ratio," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 75(4), pages 959-967.
- Hahn, Robert W., 1989. "A new approach to the design of regulation in the presence of multiple objectives," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 195-211, September.
- Tietenberg, T. H., 1974. "Derived decision rules for pollution control in a general equilibrium space economy," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 3-16, May.
- Krupnick, Alan J. & Oates, Wallace E. & Van De Verg, Eric, 1983. "On marketable air-pollution permits: The case for a system of pollution offsets," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 233-247, September.
- Atkinson, Scott E. & Tietenberg, T. H., 1982. "The empirical properties of two classes of designs for transferable discharge permit markets," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 101-121, June.
- Magat, Wesley A. & Huber, Joel & Viscusi, W. Kip & Bell, Jason, 2000. "An Iterative Choice Approach to Valuing Clean Lakes, Rivers, and Streams," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 7-43, July.
- Farrow, Scott, 1999. "The duality of taxes and tradable permits: A survey with applications in Central and Eastern Europe," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(04), pages 519-535, October.
- Desvousges, William H. & Smith, V. Kerry & Fisher, Ann, 1987. "Option price estimates for water quality improvements: A contingent valuation study for the monongahela river," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 248-267, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muller Nicholas & Tong Daniel & Mendelsohn Robert, 2009. "Regulating NOx and SO2 Emissions in Atlanta," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 9(2), pages 1-32, March.
- James Boyce & Manuel Pastor, 2012. "Cooling the Planet, Clearing the Air: Climate Policy, Carbon Pricing, and Co-Benefits," Published Studies cooling_the_planet_sept20, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Kailin Kroetz & James N. Sanchirico & Daniel K. Lew, 2015.
"Efficiency Costs of Social Objectives in Tradable Permit Programs,"
Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(3), pages 339-366.
- Kroetz, Kailin & Sanchirico, James N. & Lew, Daniel K., 2015. "Efficiency Costs of Social Objectives in Tradable Permit Programs," Discussion Papers dp-14-32, Resources For the Future.
- Karen Fisher-Vanden & Sheila Olmstead, 2013. "Moving Pollution Trading from Air to Water: Potential, Problems, and Prognosis," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 27(1), pages 147-172, Winter.
- Arthur J. Caplan & Yuya Sasaki, 2009. "Sharing the Surplus Generated from Noncooperative Cost Sharing: The Case of Nonpoint Associations and Water Quality Trading," Working Papers 2009-09, Utah State University, Department of Economics.
- Muller, Nicholas Z., 2012. "The design of optimal climate policy with air pollution co-benefits," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 696-722.
- Suzi Kerr, 2013. "Managing Risks and Tradeoffs Using Water Markets," Working Papers 13_13, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Rong Zhou & Kathleen Segerson, 2016. "Individual vs. Collective Approaches to Fisheries Management," Marine Resource Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(2), pages 165-192.
- Nixon, Hilary & Saphores, Jean-Daniel, 2007. "Impacts of Motor Vehicle Operation on Water Quality in the United States - Clean-up Costs and Policies," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt4bv8v8gj, University of California Transportation Center.
- Yates, Andrew J. & Doyle, Martin W. & Rigby, J.R. & Schnier, Kurt E., 2013. "Market power, private information, and the optimal scale of pollution permit markets with application to North Carolina's Neuse River," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 256-276.
- Zajicek, Michael Nathan, 2013. "Water quality trading on the Minnesota River: Lessons learned from the Jordan Trading Program," Master's Theses and Plan B Papers 162278, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Sheila M. Olmstead, 2010. "The Economics of Water Quality," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(1), pages 44-62, Winter.
- repec:spt:admaec:v:8:y:2018:i:1:f:8_1_5 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:oup:revage:v:30:y:2008:i:4:p:711-728. is not listed on IDEAS
- Meredith Fowlie & Nicholas Muller, 2013. "Market-based Emissions Regulation When Damages Vary Across Sources: What Are the Gains from Differentiation?," NBER Working Papers 18801, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:kap:enreec:v:68:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10640-016-0026-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- David C. Roberts & Christopher D. Clark & William M. Park & Burton C. English, 2008.
"A Spatial Assessment of Possible Water Quality Trading Markets in Tennessee,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 30(4), pages 711-728.
- David C. Roberts & Christopher D. Clark & William M. Park & Burton C. English, 2008. "A Spatial Assessment of Possible Water Quality Trading Markets in Tennessee," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 30(4), pages 711-728.
- Werner Antweiler, 2017. "Emission trading for air pollution hot spots: getting the permit market right," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 19(1), pages 35-58, January.
- repec:eee:jeeman:v:91:y:2018:i:c:p:118-132 is not listed on IDEAS
- Boisvert, Richard N. & Poe, Gregory L. & Sado, Yukako, 2007. "Selected Economic Aspects of Water Quality Trading: A Primer and Interpretive Literature Review," EB Series 121835, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Holland, Stephen P. & Yates, Andrew J., 2015.
"Optimal trading ratios for pollution permit markets,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 16-27.
- Stephen Holland & Andrew J. Yates, 2014. "Optimal Trading Ratios for Pollution Permit Markets," NBER Working Papers 19780, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Shortle & Richard D. Horan, 2013. "Policy Instruments for Water Quality Protection," Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 5(1), pages 111-138, June.
- repec:wsi:wepxxx:v:03:y:2017:i:02:n:s2382624x16500338 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicholas Z. Muller & Robert Mendelsohn, 2009. "Efficient Pollution Regulation: Getting the Prices Right," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(5), pages 1714-1739, December.
More about this item
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:81:y:2005:i:2:p191-205. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://le.uwpress.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.