The Marriage Earnings Premium as a Distributed Fixed Effect
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Donna K. Ginther & Madeline Zavodny, 2001.
"Is the male marriage premium due to selection? The effect of shotgun weddings on the return to marriage,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 14(2), pages 313-328.
- Donna K. Ginther & Madeline Zavodny, 1998. "Is the male marriage premium due to selection? The effect of shotgun weddings on the return to marriage," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 97-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Leonard A. Carlson & Caroline Swartz, 1988. "The Earnings of Women and Ethnic Minorities, 1959â€“1979," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 41(4), pages 530-546, July.
- Jeffrey S. Gray, 1997. "The Fall in Men's Return to Marriage: Declining Productivity Effects or Changing Selection?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 32(3), pages 481-504.
- Harry A. Krashinsky, 2004. "Do Marital Status and Computer Usage Really Change the Wage Structure?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(3).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hällsten, Martin, 2012. "Is it ever too late to study? The economic returns on late tertiary degrees in Sweden," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 179-194.
- Michael E. Martell & Peyton Nash, 2020. "For Love and Money? Earnings and Marriage Among Same-Sex Couples," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 260-294, September.
- Lina Aldén & Lena Edlund & Mats Hammarstedt & Michael Mueller-Smith, 2015. "Effect of Registered Partnership on Labor Earnings and Fertility for Same-Sex Couples: Evidence From Swedish Register Data," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 52(4), pages 1243-1268, August.
- Y. Saks, 2016. "Socio-economic transitions on the labour market : a European benchmarking exercise," Economic Review, National Bank of Belgium, issue iii, pages 41-58, December.
- Amélie Lafrance & Casey Warman & Frances Woolley, 2009. "Sexual Identity and the Marriage Premium," Carleton Economic Papers 09-08, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Sansone, Dario, 2019.
"Pink work: Same-sex marriage, employment and discrimination,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 180(C).
- Sansone, Dario, 2018. "Pink Work: Same-Sex Marriage, Employment and Discrimination," MPRA Paper 87998, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dario Sansone, 2018. "“Pink Work. Same-Sex Marriage, Employment and Discrimination"," CeRP Working Papers 184, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- Dario Sansone, 2018. "Pink Work: Same-Sex Marriage, Employment and Discrimination," 2018 Papers psa1336, Job Market Papers.
- Dario Sansone, 2018. "Pink Work: Same-Sex Marriage, Employment and Discrimination," Papers 1807.06698, arXiv.org.
- Thomas Skora & Heiko Rüger & Nico Stawarz, 2020. "Commuting and the Motherhood Wage Gap: Evidence from Germany," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(14), pages 1-19, July.
- Bruce Elmslie & Edinaldo Tebaldi, 2014. "The Wage Gap against Gay Men: The Leveling of the Playing Field," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(3), pages 330-345, August.
- Martin Dribe & Paul Nystedt, 2013. "Educational Homogamy and Gender-Specific Earnings: Sweden, 1990–2009," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(4), pages 1197-1216, August.
- Aistov, Andrey, 2013. "Marital wage gap," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 99-114.
- Papuna Gogoladze, 2019. "Gender Income Gap Over Life-Cycle: Cross-Country Analysis," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 117, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Alexandra Killewald & Ian Lundberg, 2017. "New Evidence Against a Causal Marriage Wage Premium," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 54(3), pages 1007-1028, June.
- Anthony Stair, 2007. "Marital Wage Premium or Ability Selection? The Case of Taiwan 1979-2003," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 10(15), pages 1-11.
- Madeline Zavodny, 2008. "Is there a ‘marriage premium’ for gay men?," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 369-389, December.
- Rodionova, Lilia, 2013. "Econometric analysis of the effect of marital status change on wages in Russia," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 79-98.
- Martin Dribe & Jan Van Bavel & Cameron Campbell, 2012. "Social mobility and demographic behaviour: Long term perspectives," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 26(8), pages 173-190.
- Gina Potarca & Laura Bernardi, 0. "The Intermarriage Life Satisfaction Premium," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-28.
- Bruno Jeandidier & Helen Lim, 2015.
"Is there justification for alimony payments? A survey of the empirical literature,"
- Bruno Jeandidier & Helen Lim, 2015. "Is there justification for alimony payments? A survey of the empirical literature," Working Papers of BETA 2015-30, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Alice Goisis & Berkay Özcan & Philippe Van Kerm, 2019. "Do Children Carry the Weight of Divorce?," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 56(3), pages 785-811, June.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:10:y:2007:i:15:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fabian Kratz & Josef Brüderl, 2012. "Returns to Regional Migration: Causal Effect or Selection on Wage Growth?," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 494, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- PAN, Jay & QIN, Xuezheng & LIU, Gordon G., 2013. "The impact of body size on urban employment: Evidence from China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 249-263.
- Assaad, Ragui & Krafft, Caroline, 2014. "The economics of marriage in North Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 067, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ragui Assaad & Caroline Krafft, 2014. "The Economics of Marriage in North Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2014-067, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Petersen, Trond & Penner, Andrew M & Høgsnes, Geir, 2014. "From Motherhood Penalties to Husband Premia: The New Challenge for Gender Equality and Family Policy, Lessons from Norway," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt2hk409sk, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:jhriss:v:41:y:2006:i:2:p433-443. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://jhr.uwpress.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.