Testing the Barten Model of Economies of Scale in Household Consumption: Toward Resolving a Paradox of Deaton and Paxson
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Koulovatianos, Christos & Schroder, Carsten & Schmidt, Ulrich, 2005. "On the income dependence of equivalence scales," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(5-6), pages 967-996, June.
- José Faro, 2013. "Cobb-Douglas preferences under uncertainty," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 54(2), pages 273-285, October.
- Pierluigi Conzo & Giulia Fuochi & Letizia Mencarini, 2017.
"Fertility and Life Satisfaction in Rural Ethiopia,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 54(4), pages 1331-1351, August.
- Conzo, Pierluigi & Fuochi, Giulia & Mencarini,Letizia, 2015. "Fertility and Life Satisfaction in Rural Ethiopia," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201524, University of Turin.
- Pierluigi Conzo & Giulia Fuochi & Letizia Mencarini, 2015. "Fertility and Life Satisfaction in Rural Ethiopia," CSEF Working Papers 407, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Alejandrina Salcedo & Todd Schoellman & Michèle Tertilt, 2012.
"Families as roommates: Changes in U.S. household size from 1850 to 2000,"
Econometric Society, vol. 3(1), pages 133-175, March.
- Alejandrina Salcedo & Todd Schoellman & Michèle Tertilt, 2009. "Families as Roommates: Changes in U.S. Household Size from 1850 to 2000," NBER Working Papers 15477, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Salcedo, Alejandrina & Schoellman, Todd & Tertilt, Michèle, 2009. "Families as Roommates: Changes in U.S. Household Size from 1850 to 2000," CEPR Discussion Papers 7543, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michele Tertilt, 2009. "Families as Roommates: Changes in U.S. Household Size from 1850 to 2000," Discussion Papers 09-001, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Alejandrina Salcedo & Todd Schoellman & Michèle Tertilt, 2010. "Families as Roommates: Changes in U.S. Household Size from 1850 to 2000," Working Papers 2010-07, Banco de México.
- Timothy J. Halliday, 2010.
"Mismeasured Household Size and its Implications for the Identification of Economies of Scale,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 72(2), pages 246-262, April.
- Timothy Halliday, 2007. "Mismeasured Household Size and Its Implications for the Identification of Economies of Scale," Working Papers 200709, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Halliday, Timothy J., 2008. "Mismeasured Household Size and Its Implications for the Identification of Economies of Scale," IZA Discussion Papers 3896, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Trevon D. Logan, 2008. "Are Engel Curve Estimates of CPI Bias Biased?," NBER Working Papers 13870, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Trevon D. Logan, 2011.
"Economies Of Scale In The Household: Puzzles And Patterns From The American Past,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 49(4), pages 1008-1028, October.
- Trevon D. Logan, 2008. "Economies of Scale in the Household: Puzzles and Patterns from the American Past," NBER Working Papers 13869, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Berendeeva, Ekaterina & Ratnikova, Tatiana, 2016. "The Deaton–Paxson paradox in the consumption of Russian households," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 42, pages 54-74.
- repec:kap:reveho:v:16:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11150-017-9399-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Perali, Federico, 2008. "The second Engel law: Is it a paradox?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(8), pages 1353-1377, November.
- Jacobson, David & Mavrikiou, Petroula M. & Minas, Christos, 2010. "Household size, income and expenditure on food: The case of Cyprus," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 319-328, April.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Shilpi, Forhad, 2008.
"Subjective welfare, isolation, and relative consumption,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 43-60, April.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Shilpi, Forhad, 2006. "Subjective Welfare, Isolation and Relative Consumption," CEPR Discussion Papers 6002, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Agnes R. Quisumbing, 2006. "Household Formation and Marriage Markets," Economics Series Working Papers GPRG-WPS-039, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Spryskov Dmitry, 2003. "Below the Poverty Line: Duration of Poverty in Russia," EERC Working Paper Series 03-04e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Timothy Halliday, 2006. "Bounding Expected Per Capita Household Consumption in the Presence of Demographic Change," Working Papers 200610, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Sanae Tashiro, 2009. "Differences in Food Preparation by Race and Ethnicity: Evidence from the American Time Use Survey," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 36(3), pages 161-180, December.
- Donald Vitaliano, 2015. "A note on the ‘food paradox’: some contradictory evidence," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 1043-1053, December.
- Feridoon Koohi-Kamali, 2014. "Household Size, Economies of Scale, and Public Goods in Consumption: A Proposal to Resolve the Food Share "Paradox"," Emory Economics 1411, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- repec:kap:reveho:v:16:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11150-017-9388-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:73:y:2017:i:c:p:62-74 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gibson, John, 2003. "Does Measurement Error Explain a Paradox About Household Size and Food Demand? Evidence from Variation in Household Survey Methods," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22198, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Gutierrezy, Federico H., 2018. "A Sharing Model of the Household: Explaining the Deaton-Paxson Paradox and Computing Household Indifference Scales," GLO Discussion Paper Series 166, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Thiago Pamplona Guimarães & Walter Belluzo Júnior, 2006. "Estimação De Economias De Escala No Consumo Familiar Para O Caso Brasileiro," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 172, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:111:y:2003:i:6:p:1361-1377. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .