Demographic Effects in Demand Analysis: Estimation of the Quadratic Expenditure System Using Microdata
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Harrison, Teresa & Seim, Katja, 2013. "Nonprofit tax exemptions and market structure: The case of fitness centers," School of Economics Working Paper Series 2013-4, LeBow College of Business, Drexel University.
- Gruber, Jonathan & Hungerman, Daniel M., 2007.
"Faith-based charity and crowd-out during the great depression,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(5-6), pages 1043-1069, June.
- Jonathan Gruber & Daniel M. Hungerman, 2005. "Faith-Based Charity and Crowd Out during the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 11332, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amy Finkelstein, 2007. "The Aggregate Effects of Health Insurance: Evidence from the Introduction of Medicare," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 122(1), pages 1-37.
- Gary Solon & Steven J. Haider & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2015. "What Are We Weighting For?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 50(2), pages 301-316.
- Andrew Cohen & Beth Freeborn & Brian McManus, 2013. "Competition And Crowding Out In The Market For Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 54(1), pages 159-184, February.
- David M. Cutler & Jonathan Gruber, 1996. "Does Public Insurance Crowd out Private Insurance?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(2), pages 391-430.
- Gruber, Jonathan & Simon, Kosali, 2008. "Crowd-out 10 years later: Have recent public insurance expansions crowded out private health insurance?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 201-217, March.
- Barry R. Chiswick, 1976. "Hospital Utilization: An Analysis of SMSA Differences in Occupancy Rates, Admission Rates, and Bed Rates," NBER Chapters,in: Explorations in Economic Research, Volume 3, number 3, pages 24-76 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephanie Riegg Cellini, 2009. "Crowded Colleges and College Crowd-Out: The Impact of Public Subsidies on the Two-Year College Market," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 1(2), pages 1-30, August.
- Lichtenberg Frank R., 2002.
"The Effects of Medicare on Health Care Utilization and Outcomes,"
Forum for Health Economics & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-29, January.
- Frank R. Lichtenberg, 2002. "The Effects of Medicare on Health Care Utilization and Outcomes," NBER Chapters,in: Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 5, pages 27-52 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gautam Gowrisankaran & Robert J. Town, 1997. "Dynamic Equilibrium in the Hospital Industry," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 45-74, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ruiz-Castillo, Javier, 1991. "Difficulties in the use of equivalence scales for normative purpsoses," UC3M Working papers. Economics 2762, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Ruiz-Castillo, Javier, 1993. "The distribution of expenditure in Spain, 1973-74 to 1980-81," UC3M Working papers. Economics 2893, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Jussila, Mira & Tamminen, Saara & Kinnunen, Jouko, 2012. "The estimation of LES demand elasticities for CGE models," Working Papers 39, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Reuben Gronau, "undated".
"The Intrafamily Allocation of Goods--How to Separate the Men from the Boys?,"
University of Chicago - Population Research Center
87-3, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Reuben Gronau, 1986. "The Intrafamily Allocation of Goods - How to Separate the Men From the Boys," NBER Working Papers 1956, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diane J. Macunovich, 1999.
"The fortunes of one's birth: Relative cohort size and the youth labor market in the United States,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, pages 215-272.
- Diane Macunovich, 1999. "The Fortune of One's Birth: Relative Cohort Size and the Youth Labor Market in the United States," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 6, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Nicol, C. J., 2003. "Elasticities of demand for gasoline in Canada and the United States," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 201-214, March.
- James E. Prieger, 2004.
"The Impacts of the Americans with Disabilities Act on the Entry and Exit of Retail Firms,"
Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings
589, Econometric Society.
- James E. Prieger, 2004. "The Impacts of the Americans with Disabilities Act on the Entry and Exit of Retail Firms," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 386, Econometric Society.
- Helen, Dale & Willett, Lois Schertz, 1986. "The Demand For Sweet Spreads: Demographic And Economic Effects For Detailed Commodities," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 15(2), October.
- Kohn Karsten & Missong Martin, 2003. "Estimation of Quadratic Expenditure Systems Using German Household Budget Data / Schätzung Quadratischer Ausgabensysteme anhand der Daten der Einkommens- und Verbrauchsstichprobe," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 223(4), pages 422-448, August.
- Echeverría, Lucía & Berges, Miriam, 2015.
"Households' food consumption behavior in Argentina: a quadratic demand system with demographic effects,"
Nülan. Deposited Documents
2315, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Sociales, Centro de Documentación.
- Echeverria, Lucia & Berges, Miriam, 2015. "Households' food consumption behaviour in Argentina: A quadratic demand system with demographic effects," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211584, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gould, Brian W. & Cox, Thomas L. & Perali, Carlo Federico, 1990. "The Demand For Fluid Milk Products In The U.S.: A Demand Systems Approach," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 15(01), July.
- Wynand Carel Johannes Grobler, 2015. "The Determinants Of Urban Food Security: Insights From A Low Income Neighborhood In South Africa," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 1003643, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Byrne, Patrick J. & Gempesaw, Conrado M., II & Toensmeyer, Ulrich C., 1991. "An Evaluation Of Consumer Pesticide Residue Concerns And Risk Information Sources," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 23(02), December.
- Vik Singh, 2005. "Estimating a third-order translog demand system using Canadian micro-data," Econometrics 0512011, EconWPA.
- Lyssiotou, Panayiota, 2012. "Demographics and demand: Evaluation of alternative functional forms," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 627-631.
- Okrent, Abigail M. & Alston, Julian M., 2012. "The Demand for Disaggregated Food-Away-from-Home and Food-at-Home Products in the United States," Economic Research Report 132469, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Sarntisart, Isra, 2003. "An Economic Analysis Of Tobacco Control In Thailand," University of California at San Francisco, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education qt1gb9b3r8, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UC San Francisco.
- Echeverría, Lucía & Berges, Miriam, 2013. "Estimación de escalas de equivalencia asociadas a un mínimo nivel de bienestar," Nülan. Deposited Documents 1894, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Sociales, Centro de Documentación.
- Gabriela Inchauste, 2001. "Intrahousehold Allocation of Resources; The Bolivian Family," IMF Working Papers 01/57, International Monetary Fund.
- Diane Macunovich, 1999. "The Baby Boom As It Ages: How Has It Affected Patterns of Consumptions and Savings in the United States?," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 7, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:66:y:1984:i:4:p:591-601. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .