Arresting Banking Panics: Federal Reserve Liquidity Provision and the Forgotten Panic of 1929
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:ucp:bkecon:9780226519999 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gary Richardson & William Troost, 2009. "Monetary Intervention Mitigated Banking Panics during the Great Depression: Quasi-Experimental Evidence from a Federal Reserve District Border, 1929-1933," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 117(6), pages 1031-1073, December.
- Wicker,Elmus, 1996. "The Banking Panics of the Great Depression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521562614, May.
- Wood,John H., 2005. "A History of Central Banking in Great Britain and the United States," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521850131, May.
- Milton Friedman & Anna J. Schwartz, 1963. "A Monetary History of the United States, 1867–1960," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie63-1.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1996.
"Golden Fetters: The Gold Standard and the Great Depression, 1919-1939,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780195101133.
- Barry Eichengreen, 1992. "Golden Fetters: The Gold Standard and the Great Depression, 1919-1939," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number eich92-1.
- Arvind Krishnamurthy, 2010. "Amplification Mechanisms in Liquidity Crises," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 1-30, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jalil, Andrew J. & Rua, Gisela, 2016. "Inflation expectations and recovery in spring 1933," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 26-50.
- Jalil, Andrew & Rua, Gisela, 2015. "Inflation Expectations and Recovery from the Depression in 1933: Evidence from the Narrative Record," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-29, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Mark A. Carlson & David C. Wheelock, 2012. "The lender of last resort: lessons from the Fed’s first 100 years," Working Papers 2012-056, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Carlson, Mark A. & Wheelock, David C., 2016.
"Did the Founding of the Federal Reserve Affect the Vulnerability of the Interbank System to Congation Risk?,"
2016-12, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, revised 06 Oct 2017.
- Mark A Carlson & David C Wheelock, 2016. "Did the founding of the Federal Reserve affect the vulnerability of the interbank system to contagion risk?," BIS Working Papers 598, Bank for International Settlements.
- Davison, Lee K. & Ramirez, Carlos D., 2014. "Local banking panics of the 1920s: Identification and determinants," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 164-177.
- Carlson, Mark A. & Wheelock, David C., 2016. "Did the Founding of the Federal Reserve Affect the Vulnerability of the Interbank System to Systemic Risk?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-059, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- repec:eee:macchp:v2-355 is not listed on IDEAS
- Charles W. Calomiris & Matthew Jaremski & Haelim Park & Gary Richardson, 2015.
"Liquidity Risk, Bank Networks, and the Value of Joining the Federal Reserve System,"
NBER Working Papers
21684, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Calomiris, Charles W. & Jaremski, Matthew & Park, Haelim & Richardson, Gary, 2016. "Liquidity Risk, Bank Networks, and the Value of Joining the Federal Reserve System," Working Paper 16-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Kris James Mitchener & Gary Richardson, 2013. "Shadowy Banks and Financial Contagion during the Great Depression: A Retrospective on Friedman and Schwartz," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(3), pages 73-78, May.
- Michael D. Bordo & Christopher M. Meissner, 2016. "Fiscal and Financial Crises," NBER Working Papers 22059, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kupiec, Paul H. & Ramirez, Carlos D., 2013. "Bank failures and the cost of systemic risk: Evidence from 1900 to 1930," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 285-307.
More about this item
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Arresting Banking Panics: Federal Reserve Liquidity Provision and the Forgotten Panic of 1929 (JPE 2011) in ReplicationWiki
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:doi:10.1086/662961. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .