First-Mover Advantage and the Speed of Competitive Entry, 1887-1986
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Comanor, William S & Wilson, Thomas A, 1979. "The Effect of Advertising on Competition: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 17(2), pages 453-476, June.
- Baumol, William J, 1982. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Barry L. Bayus, 1998. "An Analysis of Product Lifetimes in a Technologically Dynamic Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(6), pages 763-775, June.
- Arthur, W Brian, 1989. "Competing Technologies, Increasing Returns, and Lock-In by Historical Events," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(394), pages 116-131, March.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1982.
"Product Differentiation Advantages of Pioneering Brands,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 349-365, June.
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1980. "Product differentiation advantages of pioneering brands," Working papers 1140-80., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Telser, Lester G, 1969. "Another Look at Advertising and Concentration," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 85-94, November.
- Ruttan, Vernon W, 1997. "Induced Innovation, Evolutionary Theory and Path Dependence:," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(444), pages 1520-1529, September.
- Gort, Michael & Klepper, Steven, 1982. "Time Paths in the Diffusion of Product Innovations," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(367), pages 630-653, September.
- Mueller, Dennis C., 1997. "First-mover advantages and path dependence," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 827-850, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kim, Jinyoung, 2017. "Racing against Time in Research: A Study of the 1995 U.S. Patent Law Amendment," IZA Discussion Papers 10815, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Beschorner, Patrick Frank Ernst, 2008. "Do Shorter Product Cycles Induce Patent Thickets?," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-098, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Fernando F. Suarez & Stine Grodal & Aleksios Gotsopoulos, 2015. "Perfect timing? Dominant category, dominant design, and the window of opportunity for firm entry," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(3), pages 437-448, March.
- Grafström, Jonas, 2017. "Technological Change and Wage Polarization – The Illiberal Populist Response," Ratio Working Papers 294, The Ratio Institute.
- Gonçalo Pacheco-de-Almeida & Ashton Hawk & Bernard Yeung, 2015. "The right speed and its value," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(2), pages 159-176, February.
- Luiz Andrade & Catherine Sermet & Sylvain Pichetti, 2016.
"Entry time effects and follow-on drug competition,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 17(1), pages 45-60, January.
- Luiz Flavio Andrade, 2011. "Entry time effects and follow on drug competition," Post-Print halshs-00658247, HAL.
- Luiz Flavio Andrade, 2012. "Entry Time Effects and Follow-on Drugs Competition," Working Papers DT49, IRDES institut for research and information in health economics, revised Jun 2012.
- Luiz Flavio Andrade & Catherine Sermet & Sylvain Pichetti, 2016. "Entry time effects and follow-on drug competition," Post-Print halshs-01156509, HAL.
- Pier Paolo Saviotti, 2012. "R&D and the Firm," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics and Theory of the Firm, chapter 29 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Serguey Braguinsky, 2015.
"Knowledge diffusion and industry growth: the case of Japan’s early cotton spinning industry,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 24(4), pages 769-790.
- Serguey Braguinsky, 2015. "Knowledge Diffusion and Industry Growth: The Case of Japan's Early Cotton Spinning Industry," ISER Discussion Paper 0939, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Jackie Krafft & Francesco Quatraro & Pier-Paolo Saviotti, 2008.
"Evolution of the knowledge base in knowledge intensive sectors,"
- Krafft, Jackie & Quatraro, Francesco & Saviotti, Paolo, 2009. "Evolution of the Knowledge Base in Knowledge Intensive Sectors," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 200906, University of Turin.
- Anne Wyatt & Margaret Abernethy, 2008. "Accounting for Intangible Investments," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 18(2), pages 95-107, June.
- Javier Garcia-Sanchez & Luiz F. Mesquita & Roberto S. Vassolo, 2014. "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger: The evolution of competition and entry-order advantages in economically turbulent contexts," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(13), pages 1972-1992, December.
- Luis F. Medrano E., 2012. "Patent Citations, University Inventor Patents, and Survival in the German Laser Source Industry (1960-2005)," Jena Economic Research Papers 2012-009, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- repec:bla:stratm:v:38:y:2017:i:3:p:566-587 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gharbi, Sami & Sahut, Jean-Michel & Teulon, Frédéric, 2014.
"R&D investments and high-tech firms' stock return volatility,"
Technological Forecasting and Social Change,
Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 306-312.
- Sami Gharbi & Jean-Michel Sahut & Frédéric Teulon, 2014. "R&D investments and high-tech firms' stock return volatility," Working Papers 2014-218, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Margherita Corniani, 2012. "Innovation, Imitation and Competitive Value Analysis," Symphonya. Emerging Issues in Management, University of Milano-Bicocca, issue 2 Innovat, pages 37-52.
- Magazzini Laura & Fabio Pammolli, 2013. "R&D, Within and Between Patent Competition in the Pharmaceutical Industry," Working Papers 3/2013, IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, revised Jul 2013.
- April M. Franco & MB Sarkar & Rajshree Agarwal & Raj Echambadi, 2009. "Swift and Smart: The Moderating Effects of Technological Capabilities on the Market Pioneering-Firm Survival Relationship," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(11), pages 1842-1860, November.
- Ansgar Dorenkamp & Ivo Mossig, 2010. "Economic Policy and its Impact on the Evolution of Clusters and Spatial Systems Exemplified by German TV Programme Production," Chapters,in: Emerging Clusters, chapter 3 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlawec:v:44:y:2001:i:1:p:161-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.