Investment in East Asia since the Asian financial crisis
Investment in many East Asian economies fell dramatically following the Asian financial crisis and has remained relatively weak since then. This is despite improved economic conditions and strong underlying investment needs typical for developing economies.
Volume (Year): (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Langton Crescent, PARKES ACT 2600|
Phone: +61 2 6263 2111
Fax: +61 2 6273 2614
Web page: http://www.treasury.gov.au
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Borensztein, E. & De Gregorio, J. & Lee, J-W., 1998.
"How does foreign direct investment affect economic growth?1,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 115-135, June.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Jose De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 1995. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- De Long, J. Bradford & Summers, Lawrence H., 1993. "How strongly do developing economies benefit from equipment investment?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 395-415, December.
- Blomstrom, Magnus, 1986. "Foreign Investment and Productive Efficiency: The Case of Mexico," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(1), pages 97-110, September.
- Warwick J. McKibbin & Wing Thye Woo, 2003.
"The Consequences of China's WTO Accession for Its Neighbors,"
Asian Economic Papers,
MIT Press, vol. 2(2), pages 1-38.
- Warwick J. McKibbin & Wing Thye Woo, 2003. "The Consequences of China's WTO Accession on its Neighbors," Departmental Working Papers 2003-17, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Peter S. Heller, 2007. "What Should Macroeconomists Know about Health Care Policy?," IMF Working Papers 07/13, International Monetary Fund.
- Akira Kohsaka & Masahiro Enya, 2007. "The Balance Sheet Effects and Macroeconomic Development in the Pacific Region," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 6(1), pages 101-129, February.
- William C. Hsiao, 2000. "What Should Macroeconomists Know About Health Care Policy; A Primer," IMF Working Papers 00/136, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tsy:journl:journl_tsy_er_2008_2_2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (The Treasury (Commonwealth of Australia))
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.