Investment in East Asia since the Asian financial crisis
Investment in many East Asian economies fell dramatically following the Asian financial crisis and has remained relatively weak since then. This is despite improved economic conditions and strong underlying investment needs typical for developing economies.
Volume (Year): (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Langton Crescent, PARKES ACT 2600|
Phone: +61 2 6263 2111
Fax: +61 2 6273 2614
Web page: http://www.treasury.gov.au
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- De Long, J. Bradford & Summers, Lawrence H., 1993. "How strongly do developing economies benefit from equipment investment?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 395-415, December.
- Peter S. Heller, 2007. "What Should Macroeconomists Know about Health Care Policy?," IMF Working Papers 07/13, International Monetary Fund.
- Akira Kohsaka & Masahiro Enya, 2007. "The Balance Sheet Effects and Macroeconomic Development in the Pacific Region," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 6(1), pages 101-129, Winter.
- William C. Hsiao, 2000. "What Should Macroeconomists Know About Health Care Policy; A Primer," IMF Working Papers 00/136, International Monetary Fund.
- Blomstrom, Magnus, 1986. "Foreign Investment and Productive Efficiency: The Case of Mexico," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(1), pages 97-110, September.
- Warwick J. McKibbin & Wing Thye Woo, 2003.
"The Consequences of China's WTO Accession for Its Neighbors,"
Asian Economic Papers,
MIT Press, vol. 2(2), pages 1-38.
- Warwick J. McKibbin & Wing Thye Woo, 2003. "The Consequences of China's WTO Accession on its Neighbors," Departmental Working Papers 2003-17, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Borensztein, E. & De Gregorio, J. & Lee, J-W., 1998.
"How does foreign direct investment affect economic growth?1,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 115-135, June.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Jose De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 1995. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tsy:journl:journl_tsy_er_2008_2_2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (The Treasury (Commonwealth of Australia))
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.