Adam Smith on Instincts, Affection, and Informal Learning: Proximate Mechanisms in Multilevel Selection
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lynne Pepall & Daniel Richards & John Straub & Michael DeBartolo, 2006. "Competition and Civic Engagement in the Religious Marketplace," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0603, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Robert J. Barro & Rachel M. McCleary, 2005.
"Which Countries Have State Religions?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, pages 1331-1370.
- Robert J. Barro & Rachel M. McCleary, 2004. "Which Countries Have State Religions?," NBER Working Papers 10438, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McCleary, Rachel & Barro, Robert, 2005. "Which Countries Have State Religions?," Scholarly Articles 3710663, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Baumol, William J, 1982. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 1-15.
- John Sawkins & Paul Seaman & Hector Williams, 1997. "Church attendance in Great Britain: An ordered logit approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(2), pages 125-134.
- Iannaccone, Laurence R & Finke, Roger & Stark, Rodney, 1997. "Deregulating Religion: The Economics of Church and State," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 35(2), pages 350-364, April.
- Ian Smith & John Sawkins, 2003. "The economics of regional variation in religious attendance," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(14), pages 1577-1588.
- Olds, Kelly, 1994. "Privatizing the Church: Disestablishment in Connecticut and Massachusetts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(2), pages 277-297, April.
- Ian Smith & John W. Sawkins & Robert I. Mochrie, 2007. "Money, Sex And Religion: The Case Of The Church Of Scotland," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 54(2), pages 195-219, May.
- Laurence R. Iannaccone, 1998.
"Introduction to the Economics of Religion,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, pages 1465-1495.
- Anas, Alex & Arnott, Richard & Small, Kenneth A., 1997. "Urban Spatial Structure," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt835049q3, University of California Transportation Center.
- Richard Arnott & Alex Anas & Kenneth Small, 1997. "Urban Spatial Structure," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 388., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Anderson, Gary M, 1988. "Mr. Smith and the Preachers: The Economics of Religion in the Wealth of Nations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(5), pages 1066-1088, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schliesser, Eric, 2011. "Reading Adam Smith after Darwin: On the evolution of propensities, institutions, and sentiments," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 14-22, January.
- Brosnan, Sarah F., 2011. "An evolutionary perspective on morality," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 23-30, January.
- Jonathan B. Wight, 2011. "Ethics and Critical Thinking," Chapters,in: International Handbook on Teaching and Learning Economics, chapter 18 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Eric Schliesser, 2010. "Reading Adam Smith after Darwin: On the Evolution of Propensities, Institutions, and Sentiments," Post-Print hal-00921187, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsAdam Smith; instinct; informal learning; multilevel selection;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:rsocec:v:67:y:2009:i:1:p:95-113. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RRSE20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .