An Empirical Analysis of Working-Hours Constraints in Twenty-one Countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Henneberger, Fred & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso, 2002. "Beweggründe und Determinanten zwischenbetrieblicher Mobilität: Die Schweiz in einer internationalen Perspektive (Motives and determinants of job-to-job mobility : Switzerland in an international persp," Mitteilungen aus der Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 35(2), pages 205-231.
- Lonnie Golden & Stuart Glosser, 2013. "Work sharing as a potential policy tool for creating more and better employment: A review of the evidence," Chapters, in: Jon C. Messenger & Naj Ghosheh (ed.),Work Sharing during the Great Recession, chapter 7, pages 203-258, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Sousa-Poza, Alfonso & Ziegler, Alexandre, 2003. "Asymmetric information about workers' productivity as a cause for inefficient long working hours," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(6), pages 727-747, December.
- Heineck, Guido, 2009. "The determinants of secondary jobholding in Germany and the UK," Zeitschrift für ArbeitsmarktForschung - Journal for Labour Market Research, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 42(2), pages 107-120.
- M.A. Sanjeev & Naseem Abidi & A.V. Surya, 2016. "Functionality of turnover intention and management strategies for sales force: an empirical investigation," International Journal of Management Practice, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(1), pages 24-39.
- David Bell & Steffen Otterbach & Alfonso Sousa-Poza, 2012.
"Work Hours Constraints and Health,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 105-106, pages 35-54.
- David Bell & Steffen Otterbach & Alfonso Sousa-Poza, 2011. "Work Hours Constraints and Health," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 424, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Bell, David & Otterbach, Steffen & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso, 2011. "Work hours constraints and health," FZID Discussion Papers 36-2011, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Bell, David N.F. & Otterbach, Steffen & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso, 2011. "Work Hours Constraints and Health," IZA Discussion Papers 6126, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Marloes de Graaf-Zijl, 2005. "The Anatomy of Job Satisfaction and the Role of Contingent Employment Contracts," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-119/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Gerold, Stefanie & Nocker, Matthias, 2018. "More Leisure or Higher Pay? A Mixed-methods Study on Reducing Working Time in Austria," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 27-36.
- Golden, Lonnie & Wiens-Tuers, Barbara, 2006. "To your happiness? Extra hours of labor supply and worker well-being," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 382-397, April.
- Bonke, Jens & Schultz-Nielsen, Marie Louise, 2014. "Do Preferences Impact Behavior and Wellbeing? A Panel Study of Preferred and Actual Working Time 2001-2008/09," IZA Discussion Papers 8356, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Steffen Otterbach, 2010.
"Mismatches Between Actual and Preferred Work Time: Empirical Evidence of Hours Constraints in 21 Countries,"
Journal of Consumer Policy,
Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 143-161, June.
- Otterbach, Steffen, 2009. "Mismatches between actual and preferred work time: empirical evidence of hours constraints in 21 countries," FZID Discussion Papers 07-2009, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- DeVoe, Sanford E. & Pfeffer, Jeffrey, 2009. "When Is Happiness about How Much You Earn? The Effect of Hourly Payment on the Money-Happiness Connection," Research Papers 2024, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Ehing, Daniel, 2013. "Unter- und Überbeschäftigung in Deutschland: Eine Analyse wesentlicher Einflussfaktoren auf die Unterbeschäftigung in Teilzeit," FZG Discussion Papers 53, University of Freiburg, Research Center for Generational Contracts (FZG).
More about this item
KeywordsWorking Time; Desired Working Time; Hours Constraints; Crossnational Analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:rsocec:v:60:y:2002:i:2:p:209-242. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RRSE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.