The Point of Effective Demand
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Metin Cosgel & Lanse Minkler, 2004. "Religious Identity and Consumption," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 62(3), pages 339-350.
- Greg Hannsgen, 2004.
"Borrowing Alone The Theory and Policy Implications of the Commodification of Finance,"
- Greg Hannsgen, 2004. "Borrowing Alone: The Theory and Policy Implications of the Commodification of Finance," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_401, Levy Economics Institute.
- Fisher, Jonathan D. & Johnson, David S. & Marchand, Joseph & Smeeding, Timothy M. & Torrey, Barbara Boyle, 2008.
"The retirement consumption conundrum: Evidence from a consumption survey,"
Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 482-485, June.
- Johnathan Fisher & David S. Johnson & Joseph Marchand & Timothy M. Smeeding & Barbara Boyle Torrey, 2005. "The Retirement Consumption Conundrum: Evidence from a Consumption Survey," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2005-14, Center for Retirement Research, revised Dec 2005.
- Bayoumi, Tamim A, 1993. "Financial Deregulation and Consumption in the United Kingdom," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(3), pages 536-539, August.
- Wilfred Dolfsma, 2004.
"Paradoxes of Modernist Consumption - Reading Fashions,"
Review of Social Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 62(3), pages 351-364.
- Dolfsma, W.A., 2004. "Paradoxes of Modernist Consumption – Reading Fashions," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2004-035-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- J. Walter Elliott, 1980. "Wealth and Wealth Proxies in a Permanent Income Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 95(3), pages 509-535.
- Bernanke, Ben S. & Gertler, Mark & Gilchrist, Simon, 1999.
"The financial accelerator in a quantitative business cycle framework,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 21, pages 1341-1393
- Bernanke, B. & Gertler, M. & Gilchrist, S., 1998. "The Financial Accelerator in a Quantitative Business Cycle Framework," Working Papers 98-03, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Ben Bernanke & Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1998. "The Financial Accelerator in a Quantitative Business Cycle Framework," NBER Working Papers 6455, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kosuke Aoki & James Proudman & Gertjan Vlieghe, 2002. "Houses as collateral: has the link between house prices and consumption in the U.K. changed?," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue May, pages 163-177.
- Dimitri B. Papadimitriou & Edward Chilcote & Gennaro Zezza, 2006. "Are Housing Prices, Household Debt, and Growth Sustainable?," Economics Strategic Analysis Archive sa_jan_06, Levy Economics Institute.
- Davidson, Paul, 1972. "Money and the Real World," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(325), pages 101-115, March.
- L. Randall Wray, 2005. "The Ownership Society: Social Security Is Only the Beginning," Economics Public Policy Brief Archive ppb_82, Levy Economics Institute.
- Martha Starr, 2004. "Consumption, Identity, and the Sociocultural Constitution of "Preferences": Reading Women's Magazines," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 62(3), pages 291-305.
- Shefrin, Hersh M & Thaler, Richard H, 1988. "The Behavioral Life-Cycle Hypothesis," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(4), pages 609-643, October.
- Bernanke, Ben S, 1983.
"Nonmonetary Effects of the Financial Crisis in Propagation of the Great Depression,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 73(3), pages 257-276, June.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1983. "Non-Monetary Effects of the Financial Crisis in the Propagation of the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 1054, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Hali Edison, 2003. "Is Wealth Increasingly Driving Consuption?," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 101, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- DiPasquale, Denise & Glaeser, Edward L., 1999.
"Incentives and Social Capital: Are Homeowners Better Citizens?,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 354-384, March.
- Denice DiPasquale & Edward L. Glaeser, 1997. "Incentives and Social Capital: Are Homeowners Better Citizens?," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1815, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Denise DiPasquale & Edward L. Glaeser, 1998. "Incentives and Social Capital: Are Homeowners Better Citizens?," NBER Working Papers 6363, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stigler, George J & Becker, Gary S, 1977. "De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 76-90, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Olivier Allain & Jochen Hartwig & Mark Hayes, 2013. "Effective demand: Securing the foundations - A symposium," Working Papers PKWP1302, Post Keynesian Economics Study Group (PKSG).
- Hein, Eckhard, 2015. "The principle of effective demand: Marx, Kalecki, Keynes and beyond," IPE Working Papers 60/2015, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Institute for International Political Economy (IPE).
- Hayes, M.G., 2008. ""Fighting the Tide: Alternative Trade Organizations in the Era of Global Free Trade"--A Comment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 2953-2961, December.
- repec:taf:revpoe:v:29:y:2017:i:3:p:360-375 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jochen Hartwig, 2017.
"The Comparative Statics of Effective Demand,"
Review of Political Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(3), pages 360-375, July.
- Jochen Hartwig, 2017. "The comparative statics of effective demand," Chemnitz Economic Papers 003, Department of Economics, Chemnitz University of Technology, revised Mar 2017.
- Jochen Hartwig, 2017. "The comparative statics of effective demand," FMM Working Paper 03-2017, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- M. G. Hayes, 2013. "The State of Short-term Expectation," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(2), pages 205-224, April.
- Olivier Allain, 2013.
"Effective Demand: Securing the Foundations,"
Review of Political Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(4), pages 653-660, October.
- Olivier Allain, 2011. "Effective Demand: Securing the Foundations," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00606976, HAL.
- repec:pke:wpaper:pkwp1211 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mark Hayes, 2006. "The Economics of Keynes: A New Guide to The General Theory," Books, Post Keynesian Economics Study Group (PKSG), number nggt.
- Strati, Francesco, 2012. "On Keynes's Z-function," MPRA Paper 42918, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:revpoe:v:19:y:2007:i:1:p:55-80. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRPE20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .