Growth, Inequality and Poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa: Recent Progress in a Global Context
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Augustin Kwasi Fosu, 2014. "Growth, Inequality, and Poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa: Recent Progress in a Global Context," CSAE Working Paper Series 2014-17, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shaohua Chen & Martin Ravallion, 2010.
"The Developing World is Poorer than We Thought, But No Less Successful in the Fight Against Poverty,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 125(4), pages 1577-1625.
- Chen, Shaohua & Ravallion, Martin, 2008. "The developing world is poorer than we thought, but no less successful in the fight against poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4703, The World Bank.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ghosh, sudeshna, 2017. "Education Attainment Forecasting and Economic Inequality United States," MPRA Paper 89712, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Augustin Kwasi Fosu, 2010. "The Global Financial Crisis and Development: Whither Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2010-124, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ravallion, Martin, 2019.
"Global inequality when unequal countries create unequal people,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 85-97.
- Martin Ravallion, 2017. "Global Inequality when Unequal Countries Create Unequal People," NBER Working Papers 24177, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Ravallion, 2018. "Global Inequality When Unequal Countries Create Unequal People," Working Papers id:12779, eSocialSciences.
- Yin‐Wong Cheung & Eiji Fujii, 2014.
"Exchange Rate Misalignment Estimates—Sources Of Differences,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 91-121, March.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Eiji Fujii, 2011. "Exchange Rate Misalingment Estimates - Sources of Differences," CESifo Working Paper Series 3555, CESifo.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Fujii, Eiji, 2011. "Exchange rate misalignment estimates : Sources of differences," BOFIT Discussion Papers 25/2011, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- David Lam, 2011. "How the World Survived the Population Bomb: Lessons From 50 Years of Extraordinary Demographic History," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 48(4), pages 1231-1262, November.
- Alkire, Sabina & Santos, Maria Emma, 2014.
"Measuring Acute Poverty in the Developing World: Robustness and Scope of the Multidimensional Poverty Index,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 251-274.
- Sabina Alkire, Maria Emma Santos, 2013. "Measuring Acute Poverty in the Developing World: Robustness and Scope of the Multidimensional Poverty Index," OPHI Working Papers 59, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Wim Naudé, 2009. "The Financial Crisis of 2008 and the Developing Countries," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2009-01, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Tomas Hellebrandt & Paolo Mauro, 2015. "The Future of Worldwide Income Distribution," Working Paper Series WP15-7, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Ben Groom & Mehroosh Tak, 2013. "Welfare Analysis of Changing Food Prices: A Nonparametric Examination of Export Ban on Rice in India," Working Papers 177, Department of Economics, SOAS, University of London, UK.
- Camelia Minoiu & Sanjay Reddy, 2014. "Kernel density estimation on grouped data: the case of poverty assessment," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 12(2), pages 163-189, June.
- Meng, Lingsheng, 2013. "Evaluating China's poverty alleviation program: A regression discontinuity approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 1-11.
- repec:wea:worler:v:2012:y:2012:i:1:p:7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Imai, Katsushi S. & Gaiha, Raghav & Thapa, Ganesh, 2011.
"Supply response to changes in agricultural commodity prices in Asian countries,"
Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 61-75, February.
- Katsushi Imai & Raghav Gaiha & Ganesh Thapa, 2008. "Supply response to changes in agricultural commodity prices in Asian countries," Economics Discussion Paper Series 0808, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Javier Alejo, 2013.
"Relación de Kuznets en América Latina. Explorando más allá de la media condicional,"
Económica, Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, vol. 59, pages 3-55, January-D.
- Javier Alejo, 2012. "Relación de Kuznets en América Latina. Explorando más allá de la media condicional," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0129, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Huynh, Phu. & Kapsos, Steven., 2013. "Economic class and labour market inclusion poor and middle class workers in developing Asia and the Pacific," ILO Working Papers 994822963402676, International Labour Organization.
- Cockburn, John & Duclos, Jean-Yves & Zabsonré, Agnès, 2014.
"Is global social welfare increasing? A critical-level enquiry,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 151-162.
- Jean-Yves Duclos & John Cockburn & Agnès Zabsonré, 2014. "Is Global Social Welfare Increasing? a Critical-Level Enquiry," Cahiers de recherche 1404, Centre de recherche sur les risques, les enjeux économiques, et les politiques publiques.
- John Cockburn & Jean-Yves Duclos & Agnès Zabsonré, 2014. "Is Global Social Welfare Increasing? a Critical-Level Enquiry," Cahiers de recherche 1421, CIRPEE.
- Milanovic, Branko, 2009.
"Global inequality recalculated: The effect of new 2005 PPP estimates on global inequality,"
16538, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Milanovic, Branko, 2009. "Global inequality recalculated : the effect of new 2005 PPP estimates on global inequality," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5061, The World Bank.
- Martin Ravallion, 2016. "Are the world’s poorest being left behind?," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 139-164, June.
- Badolo, Felix & Kinda, Somlanare Romuald, 2012. "Climatic shocks and food security in developing countries," MPRA Paper 43006, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Dollar & Tatjana Kleineberg & Aart Kraay, 2015.
"Growth, inequality and social welfare: cross-country evidence,"
Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 30(82), pages 335-377.
- Dollar, David & Kleineberg, Tatjana & Kraay, Aart, 2014. "Growth, inequality, and social welfare : cross-country evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6842, The World Bank.
- David Dollar & Tatjana Kleineberg & Aart Kraay, 2014. "Growth, Inequality, and Social Welfare: Cross-Country Evidence," LIS Working papers 626, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Sam Jones & John Page & Abebe Shimeles & Finn Tarp & John Page & Abebe Shimeles, 2015. "Aid, Employment and Poverty Reduction in Africa," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 27(S1), pages 17-30, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:oxdevs:v:43:y:2015:i:1:p:44-59. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CODS20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CODS20 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.