Potential competition in the presence of sunk entry costs: an experiment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Dasgupta, Utteeyo, 2009. "Potential Competition in the Presence of Sunk Entry Costs: An Experiment," MPRA Paper 21945, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1983. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(3), pages 486-487, June.
- Don Coursey & R. Mark Isaac & Margaret Luke & Vernon L. Smith, 1984. "Market Contestability in the Presence of Sunk (Entry) Costs," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(1), pages 69-84, Spring.
- Evenden, Rhys D. & Williams, Alan W., 2000. "Contestability: The Debate and Industry Policy," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 75-90, March.
- Shepherd, William G, 1984. ""Contestability" vs. Competition," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(4), pages 572-587, September.
- Coursey, Don & Isaac, R Mark & Smith, Vernon L, 1984. "Natural Monopoly and Contested Markets: Some Experimental Results," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(1), pages 91-113, April.
- Kessides, Ioannis N, 1990. "Market Concentration, Contestability, and Sunk Costs," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(4), pages 614-622, November.
- Peteraf, Margaret A & Reed, Randal, 1994. "Pricing and Performance in Monopoly Airline Markets," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(1), pages 193-213, April.
- Glenn W. Harrison & Michael McKee, 1985. "Monopoly Behavior, Decentralized Regulation, and Contestable Markets: An Experimental Evaluation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(1), pages 51-69, Spring.
- Brock, William A, 1983. "Contestable Markets and the Theory of Industry Structure: A Review Article," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(6), pages 1055-1066, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
Keywordspotential competition; contestable markets; sunk cost; limit-pricing; hit-and-run entry; collusion; experiment;
- C92 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Group Behavior
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:nzecpp:v:43:y:2009:i:2:p:203-225. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RNZP20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.