Contestable Markets and the Theory of Industry Structure: A Review Article
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kouri, Pentti J K, 1976. " The Exchange Rate and the Balance of Payments in the Short Run and in the Long Run: A Monetary Approach," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 78(2), pages 280-304.
- Gray, Jo Anna, 1984.
"Dynamic Instability in Rational Expectations Models: An Attempt to Clarify,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(1), pages 93-122, February.
- Jo Anna Gray, 1982. "Dynamic instability in rational expectations models: an attempt to clarify," International Finance Discussion Papers 197, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1980. "The Role of Trade Flows in Exchange Rate Determination: A Rational Expectations Approach," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(6), pages 1148-1158, December.
- Brock, William A., 1975. "A simple perfect foresight monetary model," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 133-150, April.
- Brock, William A, 1974. "Money and Growth: The Case of Long Run Perfect Foresight," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 15(3), pages 750-777, October.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1973. "Duality Theory for Infinite Horizon Convex Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(7), pages 783-789, March.
- Calvo, Guillermo A, 1979. "On Models of Money and Perfect Foresight," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 20(1), pages 83-103, February.
- Robert E. Lucas, Jr. & Thomas J. Sargent, 1979. "After Keynesian macroeconomics," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Spr.
- Brock, William A. & Scheinkman, J. A., 1979. "Some Remarks on Monetary Policy in an Overlapping Generations Model," Working Papers 246, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Salant, Stephen W, 1983. "The Vulnerability of Price Stabilization Schemes to Speculative Attack," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(1), pages 1-38, February.
- Flood, Robert P & Garber, Peter M, 1980. "Market Fundamentals versus Price-Level Bubbles: The First Tests," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(4), pages 745-770, August.
- Sargent, Thomas J & Wallace, Neil, 1973. "The Stability of Models of Money and Growth with Perfect Foresight," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(6), pages 1043-1048, November.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1975. "An Equilibrium Model of the Business Cycle," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(6), pages 1113-1144, December.
- Taylor, John B, 1977. "Conditions for Unique Solutions in Stochastic Macroeconomic Models with Rational Expectations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(6), pages 1377-1385, September.
- Anonymous, 1978. "Gasohol from Grain- The Economic Issues," Economics Statistics and Cooperative Services (ESCS) Reports 142842, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1981. "Inflation, Real Interest, and the Determinacy of Equilibrium in an Optimizing Framework," NBER Working Papers 0723, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1974. "Money and the Production Function," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 12(4), pages 517-533, December.
- Calvo, Guillermo A., 1978. "On the indeterminacy of interest rates and wages with perfect foresight," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 321-337, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rabah Amir, "undated".
"Market Structure, Scale Economies and Industry Performance,"
CIE Discussion Papers
2000-03, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Rabah Amir, 2000. "Market Structure, Scale Economies and Industry Performance," Discussion Papers 00-08, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- AMIR, Rabah, 2003. "Market structure, scale economies and industry performance," CORE Discussion Papers 2003065, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Rahab Amir, 2000. "Market Structure, Scale Economies, and Industry Performance," CIG Working Papers FS IV 00-08, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Jean-Pierre Ponssard, 2004.
"Rent Dissipation in Repeated Entry Games: Some New Results,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1186, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jean Pierre Ponssard, 2004. "Rent dissipation in repeated entry games: some new results," Levine's Bibliography 122247000000000082, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Edward J. Lopez, 2005. "New Anti-Merger Theories: A Critique," Law and Economics 0512003, EconWPA.
- Rodolphe Dos Santos Ferreira & Frédéric Dufourt, 2007.
"Free entry equilibria with positive profits: A unified approach to quantity and price competition games,"
International Journal of Economic Theory,
The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 3(2), pages 75-94.
- Rodolphe Dos Santos Ferreira & Frédéric Dufourt, 2007. "Free entry equilibria with positive profits: A unified approach to quantity and price competition games," Post-Print halshs-00796163, HAL.
- Utteeyo Dasgupta, 2009.
"Potential competition in the presence of sunk entry costs: an experiment,"
New Zealand Economic Papers,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(2), pages 203-225.
- Dasgupta, Utteeyo, 2009. "Potential Competition in the Presence of Sunk Entry Costs: An Experiment," MPRA Paper 21945, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Evans, Lewis & Burnell, Stephen & Yao, Shuntian, 1999. "The Optimal Network Contract Under Partial Bypass in Oligopolistic Network Industries," Working Paper Series 3922, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Dasgupta Utteeyo, 2011. "Are Entry Threats Always Credible?," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-41, December.
- Stockinger, Bastian & Zwick, Thomas, 2016.
"Apprentice Poaching in Regional Labor Markets,"
Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change
145565, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Stockinger, Bastian & Zwick, Thomas, 2017. "Apprentice poaching in regional labor markets," IAB Discussion Paper 201708, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Stockinger, Bastian & Zwick, Thomas, 2017. "Apprentice poaching in regional labor markets," ZEW Discussion Papers 17-013, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Campos, Javier & Jiménez, Juan Luis & Perdiguero, Jordi, 2015. "Contestability and public concern about airfares: A case study in the Canary Islands," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 180-186.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2015.
"In Praise of Frank Ramsey's Contribution to the Theory of Taxation,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 0(583), pages 235-268, March.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2014. "In Praise of Frank Ramsey's Contribution to the Theory of Taxation," NBER Working Papers 20530, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amavilah, Voxi Heinrich, 2012. "Baumol, Panzar, and Willig’s Theory of Contestable Markets and Industry Structure: A Summary of Reactions," MPRA Paper 41974, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- S. Baranzoni & P. Bianchi & L. Lambertini, 2000. "Multiproduct Firms, Product Differentiation, and Market Structure," Working Papers 368, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:91:y:1983:i:6:p:1055-66. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .